- 2018 Halloween Events In and Around Scottsdale -
It is that time of year again! Halloween is a few weeks away and with it comes lots of fun and scary things to do in Scottsdale and around the Valley. Below are some of our local favorites for pumpkins, corn mazes and Fall activities. Plus, at the end of this post is a link to several terrifying haunted houses and scream-fests - if you like the spookier side of things.
Here is a collection of some of the Halloween and Fall Festivals in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.
- MacDonald's Ranch Annual Pumpkin Festival - September 29th -October 31st - It is back and better this year. MacDonald's Ranch offers a fun pumpkin patch experience including rides that take you out to select your pumpkins. They also offer a food for purchase, a marketplace, a new mechanical bucking bull, a petting zoo, a hay bale maze and so much more. (Closed Tuesdays. Some activities have an additional fee.) Here is a sneak peek at MacDonald's Ranch Halloween 2018.
- Tolmachoff Farms Corn Maze and Pumpkin Days - September 28th - November 4th - Six acres will be packed with pumpkins, a haunted corn maze, a mini corn maze, rides, a petting zoo and more. (Visit the link for an entry coupon.) They are closed Mondays and Tuesdays and some activities have an additional fee.
- Vertuccio Farms Fall Festival - October 1st - November 4th - This Fall Festival has tons of fun activities - mini golf, a zip line, multiple mazes, a duck race, a barrel train and of course pumpkins! On select dates, there will be magic shows and paint-a-pumpkin opportunities.
- Pumpkin and Chili Party at Schnepf Farms - October 4th - October 29th - Thursdays through Sundays - Schnepf Farms hosts a great pumpkin and chili party. Head southeast for a fun-filled day. Besides the pumpkins and chili, there are mazes to find your way through, a roller coaster and lots of special events like pig races, stunt dogs and a BMS show. (Some activities have an additional fee.)
- Carefree's Enchanted Pumpkin Garden - October 19th -28th - Ray Villafane and his team will be carving their pumpkin art again this year. Last year, they carved a 672-pound pumpkin! Besides the stunning and whimsical pumpkin art, there are many things planned over the course of the celebration including costume contests, family carve nights, a haunted house, pony rides, a beer garden, a corn maze and so much more. (Free admission)
- Halloween Spooktacular Hot Air Balloon Festival - October 26th - 27th - Both evenings, experience the wonder of over 20 hot air balloons at Salt River Fields. Trick or treat as you explore the balloons, take a tethered balloon ride, participate in a costume contest, take in the fireworks and so much more.
- Howl-O-Ween at the Phoenix Zoo - October 26th - 27th - Both evenings of Howl-o-ween offer plenty of family-friendly events and encounters. Trick-or-treat throughout the zoo when you find a trick-or-treat door, meet your favorite princesses and Star Wars characters, attend a dance party, visit the Mad Science Lab and so much more. (Tickets for sale. This event often sells out, so make sure to get your tickets early.)
- Strange Garden at the Desert Botanical Garden - October 26th - 27th - After last year's success, Strange Garden is back. Over the two evenings, there will be live performances, monster dance parties, face painting and more. Plus, you will get to experience the sound and light show that is Electric Desert. Food trucks will be on site for everyone to enjoy. (Free to Members or included with your Desert Botanical Garden admission. Food and beverage additional.)
- City of Scottsdale's Fall Festival - October 27th - Eldorado Park is hosting this festival again this year. On the evening of the 27th from 5PM to 9PM, participants will get to enjoy live entertainment and fireworks. There will be game booths, a Haunted Forest and new this year an Inflatable Arena with over 10 inflatables and a rock wall. (Free entry. $5 entry fee for the Inflatable Arena.)
- Cave Creek Wicked - October 28th - Downtown Cave Creek will be transformed into an all-day and all-night Halloween celebration. From 11AM to 4PM, there will be several family-friendly events as well as teen music stages. For the adults, a bar crawl kicks off at 7PM with costume contests along the way.
- Nightmare on Princess Drive: King Tut's Tomb at the Fairmont Scottsdale Princess- October 27th - This ages 21+ event is back for its 9th year. This year's theme is King Tut's Tomb. There will be DJs spinning, specialty drinks and a midnight costume contest.
Prepare to be Terrified - Not for the Faint of Heart
If zombies, ghouls, terrifying creatures and getting frightened out of your mind are your preferred way to celebrate Halloween, here is a website that has all of the haunted houses, scary events and more: Arizona Haunted Houses
This collection only includes a small number of Halloween and Fall festivals and events. If you have any others that you would like to add, please feel free to do so in the comments section!
Disclaimer: Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. Event dates, times and pricing subject to change. Most events require an admission to be paid.