Top Features Clarksville TN Home Buyers Request
Home Buyers are influenced by the Internet, Pinterest and what they see on HGTV. They like the newest trends and Chip and Joanna Gaines have made a big impact on what Clarksville new home buyers want to see in their new homes.
All of this has contributed to a change in finishes and what buyers are willing to settle for. I am seeing less and less of new home buyers willing to do the work themselves after closing and wanting turnkey construction featuring the trendy stuff. They know they have the buying power and want the most they can get for their money and not be bothered with fix up after the closing.
Here are the top 10 items new home buyers are wanting in their Clarksville TN homes.
- Stone Fireplaces and Floating Mantles- They This is a pretty look and coupled with a gas ventless firplace and gas logs, the buyer can mount the TV on the wall and be ready to enjoy their new home.
- Hardwood or Laminate Floors- Carpet is out except maybe in bedrooms. Buyers are liking lighter floors, not the dark finishes of 2-5 years ago. These hold up well under the heavy use of pets and children.
- Tile Backsplashes in Kitchen- This creates a clean look and brightens the kitchen. White subway tiles are the most popular right now.
- Main Floor Master- This is almost a must in every home. Buyers also like having at least one other bedroom on the main floor and delight if all bedrooms are on this floor.
- Two Plus Baths- Three or more baths are becoming essential. One must have a nice shower and lots of vanity space. Maybe we are more concerned with being clean.
- Granite or Better Yet Quartz Countertops- Buyers know the difference and want this upgrade. It looks rich and expensive (some of them are) but dress up a kitchen that even has medium priced cabinets.
- Stainless, Gun Metal Look Upscale Appliances- The bottom of the line models don't fool buyers in Clarksville. They want quality appliances with multiple features and sleek looks.
- Lots of Windows- Windows let in lots of light and couple well with tall ceilings to give a light open feel. This is always a winner.
- 2, Preferably 3-Garage- Most people when buying have at least two cars and want more garage space to protect them from the elements. I know some families that have 4-5 vehicles.
- Outside Entertainment Areas in the Backyard- This can be a big patio, deck, outdoor kitchen or grill, covered patio or screen room. This tells me people plan to stay home more but whether it comes to pass or not is not yet realized.
These are the most requested features that Clarksville TN home buyers want in their new homes. The price point to get all of these has now moved to $300,000 and above.Of course, the higher the price, the more features and trends you will get.
For Clarksville TN Real Estate questions, contact Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.