Wednesday night is all about witches and goblins and munchkins....well kids I mean...
Here are some great tips for Halloween.
24 Halloween Safety Tips For Kids, Parents, Homeowners, And Pets
With Halloween just a few days away, here's my annual list of my 24 favorite Halloween safety tips for Charlotte area kids, parents, homeowners, and pets. Halloween can turn from being a happy and fun holiday to a dangerous one in just one quick moment. Follow these tried and true tips and you'll be sure to have a safe and happy Halloween and one with more treats than tricks!
Safety Tips For Charlotte Kids:
- Trick or Treat only in neighborhoods you are familiar with.
- Trick or Treat only at a home's front door and never go to the back of a house. Don't go to dark houses.
- Carry a bright flashlight (and make sure the batteries are fresh and check it before heading out).
- Go to the bathroom before setting out to trick or treat.
- Don't let your costume be a tripping hazard by letting it drag on the ground; make sure your shoe laces are tied tight, as they can be a tripping hazard too. Wearing comfortable shoes can help alot too!
- Stay on sidewalks; walk don't run. No sidewalks? Then be sure to walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic. Always check for cars before crossing a street.
- Put your phone away... don't walk and look at your phone... stay alert.
- Don't pet any animals in the neighborhood that you don't know.
- Carry a spare bag for your "treats" in case yours breaks.
- Don't forget to be polite and say thanks for the treats!
- Don't eat any of the treats until you bring them home.
Safety Tips For Charlotte Parents:
- Buy flame-retardant costumes. Add reflector strips.
- Accompany younger children as they trick or treat.
- Older children on their own should be equipped with a watch that glows in the dark, a fully charged cell phone. Set an alarm on the watch or cell phone to alert your childe when it's time to stop and come home.
- Make sure your older children that are unaccompanied trick or treat in groups. And be sure to know who they are going out with and where they plan to trick or treat.
- Make sure your children know not to eat any candy until they've brought it home for you to inspect for possible tampering or food allergies. You might want to limit how much candy they can eat on Halloween night to avoid stomach aches later on.
Safety Tips For Charlotte Homeowners:
- Clear your front yard of anything that would be a tripping hazard--rakes, garden hoses, flower pots, dog toys, kid toys, etc.
- Illuminate your front walk and any steps leading to the front door.
- Real candles could be a safety and fire hazard in outdoor decorations on Halloween night. Avoid these or place them well away from where trick or treaters will be walking. And just in case, have a fire extinguisher at the ready.
- If you're driving in/through your neighborhood, drive extra slowly and watch carefully for young children who can run out into the street.
Safety Tips For Charlotte Pets:
- Don't leave any pets outside in your yard on Halloween.
- Make sure your dog or cat doesn't "escape" through the front door when you are handing out treats.
- Don't feed any people treats to dogs or cats. Ingredients like chocolate can be downright poisonous.
- If possible, contain your dog or cat in a closed off room so they don't get frightened by all the activity and costumes.
Image credited to Milmay Veterinary Clinic
Follow these safety tips for Charlotte kids, parents, homeowners and pets and you'll be sure to have a Halloween with more treats than tricks!
These Halloween safety tips are provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts.
If you're considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte metro area , I would love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove to you that
Halloween Is Near Image Credited to Ottawa Police Department
SEARCH ALL CHARLOTTE METRO AREA HOMES HERE
Broker, Realtor, MBA, CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS, CMRS
Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Blog: News You Can Use From Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill
Search For All Charlotte Area Homes: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com
2007 - 2018 Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner
Connect with me also on these sites:
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!
Disclaimer: Nothing in this blog article is to be construed as legal advice, tax advice, or financial advice. For legal advice see an attorney. For tax advice or financial advice see a tax attorney, certified public accountant, or other qualified professional.