Why Homeowners Choose To Sell Their Homes
The home might be haunted! In the spirit of the Halloween season it's a "fun" fact that some 28% of Realtors® who responded to an NAR survey said they'd had experience helping clients sell a home and to look for a new one because their clients were convinced their homes were haunted!
Halloween aside, the most prevalent reasons homeowners choose to sell their homes are:
- 15% sell because they've outgrown their homes.
- 15% sell because of a new job that requires relocation to a new area.
- 10% sell because the home is too large, there's been a change in the family situation (new baby, death, kids leaving for college), or and their feeling that their neighborhood is becoming less desirable.
Of course, homeowners sell their homes for all sorts of additional reasons, including:
- Homeowners believe they made a mistake when purchasing their current home and want out (location, commute, community amenities, schools, etc.).
- To avoid deferred maintenance and renovation/rehab expenses for major items such as a new roof, new HVAC ssystem, kitchen or bath renovation. Some homeowners would rather just buy a new home.
- To cash in on the equity in their current home and reinvest it elsewhere (another home, travel, college expenses, starting a business, etc.).
- To live closer to family.
- Financial reasons such as no longer being able to afford the current home.
- Health issues which might call for a different style of home.
- An inherited property might not be needed or wanted.
Whatever your reason might be to to sell your home, if you've been thinking about selling your Charlotte metro area home contact Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. Find out how our unique marketing plan will get your home sold in record time at top dollar. We've been doing just that for Charlotte area home sellers for 20 years! We'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: