Are you wondering how to deep clean carpet yourself? Every time you walk across your carpet, foot grinding will leave traces of germs on the nick and worn out carpet fiber areas. You might often vacuum clean but stubborn and invisible dirt will call for the extra; deep cleaning. You don’t want dirt scratching fibers leaving it dull especially at the sheen anymore. Thankfully, you can deep clean yourself high traffic parts for simple stain removal. So, how do you ensure your carpet is dirt-free, saving time and unnecessary cleaning costs? Keep in mind the methods below.
How to Deep Clean Carpet Yourself
Encapsulation Carpet Cleaning
Encapsulation carpet cleaning is usually dry. It involves applying crystallized synthetic detergent powder on the carpet surface.
• Prepare your carpet on a clean surface ready for deep cleaning
• With your detergent in your vacuum, run the machine against your carpet to lift off the dirt out of the rug.
The dirt gets wrapped up with the powder, and once the drying is complete, it is important you vacuum clean the residue. The process is environmentally friendly because it requires less or no chemicals with no waste scattered around. It is a remarkable alternative for deep cleaning dirty carpets.
Hot Water Extraction Carpet Cleaning
In this case, apply your cleaning detergent on the surface of your carpet and allow a few minutes to penetrate to the dirt implanted and trapped in the fibers. After that:
• Proceed to scrub your carpet thoroughly and firmly using your cleaner, thanks to its aggressive rotating brush at the base.
• Once this step is complete, use highly heated water temperatures and stream it into the carpet to do away any form of dirt.
• Leave your carpet to dry for about 12 hours.
Shampoo Carpet Cleaning
Actually Clean says this technique is simple for home or office DIY applications, especially if you find encapsulation cleaning not convenient. All you need is shampoo detergent mixed with water.
• Apply the detergent on your carpet and leave it for a few minutes for effective dirt removal.
• Scrub the carpet using a stiff brush, and let it dry.
• After the drying stage, vacuum clean your carpet to do away with any stubborn hidden dirt.
When it comes knowing how to deep clean carpet yourself, always read manufacture guidelines on ideal cleaning methods for your carpet’s materials. Consider Pre-heating any heavily stained parts to save on time and effort during the scrubbing, when appropriate. Do extensive research on good cleaning detergents that will produce remarkable results.