When you are selling your home, knowledge is power. What are some things you need to know when listing your home for sale in today's market ?
- Hire the best Realtor. A Realtor with a proven track record, one who is experienced in your area, markets your home both online and offline and one who isn't afraid to negotiate for YOU !
- Never allow your list price to be too low.
- While hard to do, keep personal feelings about your home in check. You now have to consider your home as a house and a business transaction. This helps you do what it takes to stand out from all the other houses that are for sale, so that you can get your house sold.
- Get your documents in order so you have them readily available for your Realtor and any potential buyers. Utility contact information, rental agreements ( if you rent your house ), deeds, these are all important documents and information to have on hand for quick reference to important questions.
- Get organized. This means de-cluttering your house, counters and small spaces. It also means de-personalizing your home. Buyers need to be able to see themselves living in your home. They will visualize where their furniture will sit, where their pictures will hang, etc. Stage your home to make it more open and spacious so that there is no question of space.
- Replace it or repair it. If paint is chipped or fading, now is a great time to spruce it up. If grout or caulking in tiles or bathrooms are worn, it is best to take care of that now. Things that look old and outdated register dollar signs to a potential buyer. Upgrading faucets is a small job and cost, but can have a great impact.
- Curb appeal both inside and out. Neatly manicure the lawn and keep up with its upkeep. Many buyers will often do a drive by before actually coming inside. Your goal is to make a buyer want to come inside. A neat lawn, updated house numbers, mailboxes and some of the little things can have a greater impact than most think. On the inside you want to make sure beds are always made, linens are light and refreshing in colors, and don't forget about cleaning blinds and windows and ensuring everything is dust free.
While this is only a small list, it is a great starting point and helpful to those who do not know where to get started. Small steps can lead to positive outcomes.
If you are thinking of buying or selling your home in Lake Arrowhead, California, please reach out to me. I would love to help you meet your goal of selling your home. My experience and negotiating skills help sellers every single day.