Thanksgiving Apps, Trivia, Decorating Tips, Cooking the Bird, Entertaining the Guests, and even Games for the Kids.
ok, this is the one week countdown...
But, I think we have you covered ... Worried about the big day! Well fret no more, here's a list of helpful hints that will get you through the planning, cooking, entertaining, decorating, and some fun facts trivia!
Cooking the Turkey - Butterball has you covered here... They have even added "Alexa Skill" Thanksgiving Tips. Call, Text, or a Live Chat to help you prepare, cook, store, and stuff that big bird.
Don't forget about Pinterest where there are thousands of recipes for everything you ever wanted to cook or even dream about cooking on Thanksgiving, or how to use the leftovers after the big day.
Did you know... the average weight of turkeys purchased is 15 pounds. Oh and by the way... "Male turkeys gobble, hens do not, they cluck"
Shopping - Here is the Ultimate Thanksgiving Grocery List created by Southern Living Magazine. Your cheat sheet for the big day.
Setting The Table - Worried about setting your Thanksgiving Table correctly? Well, worry no more. Here are 36 Thanksgiving Place Setting Ideas complete with instructions to boot... Thanksgiving Table Settings
Dinner Music Music to cook or dine by.
Thanksgiving Party and Game Ideas - Who can resist games like "Pin the Feather on the Turkey, or "Marshmallow Relay" These two websites are chock full of ideas to entertain the kiddies, or the grown ups.
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2018 - Starting bright and early at 9AM the most famous Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for 2018 will begin. 9AM All Time Zones - You can even download the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 2018 App on itunes. The tradition started in 1924 and has been televised on NBC since 1952.
Thanksgiving Fun Facts - Want to be the Thanksgiving Trivia Champion at this years family get together?
Well here you go!
We all know the Plymouth Pilgrims were the first to celebrate Thanksgiving at Plymouth Massachusetts. But did you know...
- The first Thanksgiving in 1621 celebration lasted for 3 days
- The feast was organized by the Pilgrim Leader, Governor William Bradford
- The neighboring Wampanoag Indians were invited to the celebration
- Lobster, rabbit, chicken, fish, squash, beans, chestnuts, hickory nuts, onions, leeks, dried fruits, radishes, cabbage, carrots, eggs, and goat cheese were on their menu.
- Abraham Lincoln issued a "Thanksgiving Proclamation" on October 3, 1863 officially setting aside the last Thursday of November as the national day for Thanksgiving.
- Since 1947 the National Turkey Federation has presented a live turkey and two dressed turkeys to the President. The President does not eat the live turkey. He "pardons" it and allows it to live out its days on a historical farm.
- The heaviest turkey ever raised was 86 pounds.
- Americans eat roughly 535 million pounds of turkey on Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving football games began with Yale versus Princeton in 1876
Happy Thanksgiving 2018
The Joyce Marsh Homes Team