Five Tips for Buying A New Home During the Holidays!
Just imagine it's a beautiful Christmas morning as your family gathers around the gaily decorated Christmas tree. The first Christmas in your brand new home! Well I will share five tips for to help make this dream a reality. (ignore the sideways tree)
1. Hire a great Realtor who knows or is familar with the ins and outs of purchasing a new construction home. (Agents be sure to look for a follow up blog post on Five Tips for Agents representing buyers at a new construction community.) Often buyers will ask wheter or not it is more advantageous for them to negotiate without an Agent. Please be aware the new construction agent represents the seller and the sellers best interest. Enough said!
2. Consider a Quick Move-In Home - If you are willing to compromise on a few of the wants on your must have list it is possible to walk into the deal of the year. Usually Builders/Developers prefer to sell any standing inventory homes before year end.
3. Don't ask what are the concessions as soon as you walk in the door. (This is my pet peeve and I will guess other New Construction Agents feel the same way.) My first thought - do the concessions matter if the home doesn't work for you and your family?
4. Be open to possibilities. It maybe that you will fall in love with a home in a future phase that is not yet released. Typically the Seller will not price future releases until the current phase has sold and contracts have been written on each home. Just in case you're wondering the model homes are the last to be sold, usually for maximum dollars.
5. Don't be afraid to ask but be willing to accept the realilty. New Construction homes are personalized homes built on a time schedule however certain requests, such as addding structural options like a bedroom or loft or changing the existing counter tops or cabinet color. Economically these are not feasible options for the builder to offer.
Understanding the motivations of both the buyers and sellers may result in a happily ever after.....with a new home as the best Christmas gift ever!
Give us a call if you're considering purchasing a new construction townhome in Chino Hills, Ca. Lago Los Serranos maybe the best christmas gift and what a fantastic way to start the New Year because " we like 'em new!"