Thinking of moving out of Needham?
Are you thinking of selling your Needham MA home? Selling a home can be time-consuming and stressful. Just thinking of the effort to get the house ready to put on the market is enough to make a home seller anxious.
Fortunately, there are some tried-and-tested ways that will get your home ready for sale, stand out in the competition, and be irresistible to buyers.
The best tips to follow
To make things less stressful for you and to ensure the success of your home selling journey, here are nine proven tips that will give your home the necessary advantage.
1. Choose the right agent. A real estate agent’s assistance is invaluable in selling your home so be wise in choosing the agent to work with. Your home is one of your biggest investments so find an agent who is reputable and as committed to selling the house as you.
You want someone who is trustworthy, communicates well, and listen attentively. You want someone like me, Sheila Moylan. As your agent, I know the best ways and places to advertise your property. I also have an in-depth knowledge of the local market.
2. Price your home competitively. Your home’s price will determine if the house will sell or not. Price it high and it will stay on the market for a long time. Price it low and you’re leaving money on the table.
Price your home at its right market value. Work with your real estate agent to get the price that will make you and the buyers happy.
3. Do the necessary repairs. Home maintenance issues like structural repairs are must-dos. Repairing your leaky roof or cracked foundation is part of property maintenance you should be doing as a homeowner.
Ignoring your home's issue may cause you problems and can be a reason for the buyer's withdrawal.
4. Declutter. You’ve heard of this before, but I cannot stress this technique enough.
Over the years of stay in your home in Needham, you’ve accumulated a lot of stuff.
While your belongings are valuable for you, other people may not see it that way. Buyers are more concerned about how spacious your house is. When your belongings are all over the place, they will not see how spacious your interior is.
Clear away your clutter. Throw anything that’s broken and pack away all the rarely used items. This includes extra furniture and personal items on display. Retain only the ones that you use on a daily basis.
Rent a storage unit and place all your belongings and extra furniture there. Doing this will clear the house of non-essentials, which is ideal because it opens up space and gives your home a better flow.
5. Clean everything. Buyers may overlook some issues like repairs but they certainly will not overlook a dirty house.
Cleaning takes up time and effort but it can do so much to transform the house. If you can’t do it on your own, hire professional cleaners. They will get the job done and you can be sure that the house is clean and smells nice.
Don’t just focus on the interior. Make sure that the exterior is also clean. Power wash your siding, driveway, and porch to lift the dirt and prep the area for paint.
6. Go neutral. Your goal is to make the house appealing to the larger number of buyers. The best way to make it appealing is to go neutral.
Going neutral has many advantages. A neutral backdrop is inviting and complements any textures, styles, or decor you use it with. It makes your home appear more spacious. It also allows the buyers to easily visualize their belongings in the house.
7. Take care of the curb appeal. It takes only a few seconds for buyers to form a first impression so you need to make sure that the first thing they will see when they reach your home is impressive!
Trimming the lawn, taking care of the general landscape, updating the front door, and repainting the porch will boost your home’s curb appeal and make your home more appealing.
8. Go for minor updates. Major home renovations rarely pay off. Why spend thousands of dollars on a renovation which you will not get a full return on?
Focus on minor and easy updates. These affordable updates will improve your home's aesthetics and won’t cost a fortune.
If you are to update anything, it should be the kitchen. The heart of the home holds a major sway in the buyer’s impression.
Repaint the cabinets, replace the handles, and maybe get a new countertop if the previous one was already old.
9. Stage it. Highlight your home’s best features by staging it. Cleaning, decluttering, and painting your home are part of staging but there’s more to it.
There are many benefits to staging. Rearranging your furniture opens up space and make your home look larger. Setting up a certain area with just the right amount of furniture helps buyers imagine themselves living there.
Staging also makes online photos look great. Best of all, a staged home is always better than an empty home because staging shows the buyer a home’s potential and the lifestyle they’ll enjoy while living there.
Homes sell between 65-70 days, but if you follow all these tips, you can get your home in Needham MA to sell faster.
For more tips on how to attract more potential buyers to your home, please visit http://WestwoodHomesForSaleinMA.com.
Selling your home is not easy. I want to make it easier for you. Call me, Sheila Moylan, at (781)559-4057.
In case you can not view this video here, please click the link below to view Top Tips for An Easy and Successful Needham MA Home Sale on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9AyaNe8dlc&list=PLTyA6fLJnFKnRBZE2-AS0ezhwh_d9aDbb&index=4&t=0s