Waikoloa Village is a community located 6 miles inland from the west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This lovely community covers over 19 square miles and is a mixture of condominiums and single-family homes. Waikoloa Village offers its residents wonderful amenities such as an 18-hole golf course, a community swimming pool and tennis courts.
Also within Waikoloa Village is the Waikoloa Highlands Shopping Center, which contains many shops and restaurants, including the Waikoloa Village Market, Island Lava Java and Pueo’s Osteria Italian restaurant. With its proximity to the world famous resorts and world class beaches, Waikoloa Village makes for an affordable alternative for the savvy buyer looking for their Hawaiian Dream Home.
At the time of this writing (Oct 10th), there were 20 single-family homes for sale with 3 in escrow, and 13 condos for sale with 8 in escrow, in Waikoloa Village. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is located at 68-1891 Kawika Place, and is priced at $899,000, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $729,000 and is located at The Pointe at Waikoloa, Unit 12. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is located at 68-3630 Lahilahi St and is listed at the low price of $399,000. While the lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $189,000 and is Unit E205 in Fairway Terrace.
When it comes to sales in the 3rd Quarter, the number of single-family homes sold was a quite a bit higher than the number of condos sold. In the time from July 2018 through September 2018 there were 36 single-family homes sold in Waikoloa Village, while 22 condos were sold. Of the homes sold, the highest priced one is located at 68-3907 Kaulele Pl and sold for $699,000, from a list price of $699,900, while the highest priced condo sold for $385,000 from a list price of $399,000 and is # A303 at Waikoloa Fairways.
The lowest priced single-family home to sell during the 3rd Quarter is located at 68-3519 Iwikuamoo Dr and had a sale price of $285,000, from a list price of the same amount. In the condo market, the one with the lowest sale price went for $160,000 from a list price of the same amount, and it is located in, once again, in the Fairway Terrace, Unit E104.
Analysis: The sales volume of single-family homes and condos in Waikoloa Village has remained fairly constant throughout 2018. Although the amount of inventory is substantially lower than it was in 2017, and we are now in a Sellers’ Market, the amount of inventory seems to be levelling off at these new lower levels. Whether that remains the same, or we enter into an even lower inventory market as we enter the winter selling season, remains to be seen.
Highlights of the 2018 Q3 Waikoloa Village Update
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 20
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow - 3
- Number of condos currently for sale – 13
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 8
- Highest priced single-family home currently for sale – $899,000 68-1891 Kawika Place
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $729,000 The Pointe at Waikoloa #12
- Lowest priced single-family home currently for sale – $399,000 68-3630 Lahilahi St
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $189,000 Fairway Terrace #E205
- Number of single-family homes sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 36
- Number of condos sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 22
- Highest priced single-family home sold in Q3 – $699,000 68-3907 Kaulele Pl
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $385,000 Waikoloa Fairways #A303
- Lowest priced single-family home sold in Q3 – $285,000 68-3519 Iwikuamoo Dr
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $160,000 Fairway Terrace #E104
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Mauna Kea Resort Real Estate Update for Q3 2018.
First published at www.viewhawaiiluxuryhomes.com/MarketUpdates