We're continuing the slower part of the sales year. It's typical to see fewer homes sold this time of year, fewer under contract and more homes available for sale as buyer demand slows a bit. What was unexpected was the shift upwards in price as 1/3 of the homes sold were $300,000 or more in price. Stick with us for the details right after the stats section further down this post when we get into the analysis of the Maineville/Hamilton Township area home sales.
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Maineville Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Maineville Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
This report is for single family homes only and NOT condos. We're covering zip code 45039 only, which also includes homes in parts of Landen and Deerfield Township, although at low levels. That also means any Hamilton Township homes in other zip codes are NOT covered in this report. The majority of 45039 is covered by Little Miami Schools, although portions are in Kings Local. Obviously zip code 45039 is NOT uniform so we're not always comparing apples to apples in this report. This report is informational and for the best advice for you as an area home buyer or seller, please contact us for a specific review of your needs.
- All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system.
- If any Maineville/Hamilton Township homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report.
- All data is for the 45039 zip code only.
The 45039 zip code offers a diversity of living choices, with a focus on affordable housing. Much of the zip code is easily reached by taking the SR48, Western Row or Kings Mills exits off of I71. Depending on traffic you can be in the heart of Maineville within 5-10 minutes from the SR48 exit. Along the way you'll pass a Lowe's, Target, Kohls, Kroger, Petsmart and a collection of strip malls with a selection of dining choices.
With regards to housing choices, there are numerous developments, with the majority focused at the $200k price point with many starter type homes available well below that. If your preference is more space, the area also offers that option with either luxury home communities or more rural opportunities. Additionally, one of the area's few 55+ communities makes its home here.
Turning Leaf, a Hamilton Township community
So, on to the review!
Quantity of homes sold by month
Median price of homes sold by month
Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Single Family Home Category Data Summary:
Homes Sold: 36 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 5 New Construction) UP 4
Average Price: $312,396 UP $56k
Median Price: $245,000 UP $15k
Days on Market Average: 84 UP 25 (median 22 days)
Homes Active 11/19/18: 100 UP 7
Homes Pending 11/19/18 35 DOWN 8
Average Sales/List %: 98.1% UP 1.0%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $989,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $131,000
So what can we determine from the latest statistics?
- Key stat? The price change upward in October. That's a HUGE jump in average price and don't conclude that Maineville homes are suddenly MUCH more valuable. What we have is an imbalance in higher priced sales completed in October. One third of the homes sold were greater than $300,000, 5 of those 12 were for $400,000 or more and 4 of those 5 topped $500,000. Basically this month was skewed much more than normal to higher priced homes. Expect that to adjust in future months. But overall? Home prices have shifted upward this year. On the median price chart, follow the green bar on the right of each month and you'll see that bar is consistently higher than prior years.
- The market volume is still slower as expected for the colder seasons. Even for an October, 2018 was a bit down compared to most Octobers on the quanity chart. The number of Pending also dropped, another sign that the market is still slowing.
- No homes sold for less than $100,000.
- Median time to sell is just slightly over 3 weeks.
Distressed (foreclosures and short sales) were almost nonexistent this month, with none sold and only two not under contract.
So what does this mean to you as a Maineville/Hamilton Township single family home owner?
The edge is still to the sellers but we are in the slower time of the year, so expect fewer buyers and a little longer to sell. And depending on how motivated you are to sell, it might be better to hold tight until the grass is greener and the flowers are blooming again. Another key consideration is if the home is competing head to head with new construction, if so that can make the sale more challenging. Thinking of selling? Even with the slowdown, there are still plenty of homes to be sold.
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us at 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Maineville/Hamilton Township home buyer?
NO CHANGE HERE: If you find a home that suits you, don't delay acting or you may miss out on your opportunity. There are other buyers out there and area housing is still VERY affordable and overall the homes tend to be newer and in subdivisions.
There is a LOT of new construction available and having an influence, and PLEASE, for new construction, have us help you! The builder will NOT cut you a price break for showing up unrepresented, and using our services will NOT cost you extra.
When you're considering buying a Maineville/Hamilton Township area home, please contact us at 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right community!
To Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 homes for sale, please use the links below.
Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Homes for Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Warren County's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: