Too Many Showings with No Offers Is a Red Flag
Sellers tend to measure the desirability of their homes by the number of showings they get. We agents wants lots of showings as it exposes the property to more buyers, but we also want the right buyers. When there are lots of showings and no offers, this is a red flag that there is a problem and the problem must be addressed or the seller's property could actually lose value by extended market time.
What could be the reasons there are no offers?
The truth is that the home is being beat by the competition.
It's time for a re-evaluation and here are some areas to check out.
- How does the home show? Be truthful if it is dark, too cluttered or in disrepair. These things can be fixed. Do it now.
- Is the price over the market? The market is constantly changing and needs to be monitored and the price adjusted accordingly.
- What incentives or seller contributions are others in the market offering? You have to be competitive if you are going to sell.
- Could some professional staging be needed to show the possibilities the home has to offer? An investment on the front end, can bring rewards on the back-end.
- Does the home need some updating? Many updates can be small and impact a buyer. If the needed updates are big ticket items, reflecting them with a deep discount in price can make up for not doing them now.
- Is the neighbor's home or neighborhood be the problem? You have heard it said, Location, Location, Location. Your property value is impacted by what is around you. The only way to counteract this, is in the price.
- Is the home bright a cheery inside and smelling good? Does the buyer leave with a favorable impression? Put yourself in the buyer's shoes. Is something turning the buyer off?
Here's the Bottom Line. The number of buyers is not what is important. Too many showings with no offers means you have a problem. Fix the problems now and position your home to beat the competition.
When you have a home in Clarksville TN that you would like to sell, contact Clarksville's Real Estate Agent, The Real Debbie Reynolds. Let's get the job done together. 931-320-6730.
2130 Wilma Rudolph Blvd.
Clarksville, TN 37040
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-771-9070 Office | 931-320-6730 Cell
Margaret Rome Baltimor...
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Home Selling
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!