If you've been using a subscription service for your real estate blog content - or worse, a "free" content provider - you're hurting your brand. Here's why!
1. Authenticity counts. If your blog says the same thing as a number of other blogs, Google doesn't see it as "yours." This means no SEO value. Worse, Google could penalize your site for having duplicate content, and reduce your search ranking.
2. Your unique value proposition is non-existent in subscription content. How do you differentiate yourself from 1.5 million agents? Canned content with a one-size-fits-all approach does nothing to promote your brand, your niche, or your expertise.
3. You could be promoting a third-party content company. Each time you use and share "free" content, there's usually a string attached. Namely, the display of the content company's logo and name, which your use has endorsed. You're giving them free advertising, with embedded links that take the reader back to their website! Even when you upgrade to a "branded" version, it's still SEO-killing, cookie-cutter content.
4. Boilerplate content reduces your professional authority and online reputation. Imagine explaining to a home seller why their home price should be adjusted, shortly after you shared an XYZ company blog saying how great the market is. Inman News recently posted an excellent article about using blogs to edify your market knowledge. This only works if your blog is in tune with your local market!
5. Subscription models and free blogs offer no control. If you're using a subscription model or free content service, you have no input about the topic, the content, or the sources cited. The information could be inapplicable to your market or your audience.
6. Free blogs and subscription blogs often contain stale content. Mass production of web content usually requires material to be generated weeks, even months, in advance. This can mean missing out on trending topics.
7. You get what you pay for. There's tremendous value in using fresh content tailored to your voice, your brand, your local market and your expertise! If you do not have the time or the interest in writing blogs yourself, you can work with an experienced, reputable real estate marketing company. The ideal company will follow your objectives, and create custom-tailored, SEO-rich content that speaks to your market and your unique value proposition.
RealSupport has been helping real estate agents and brokers distinguish their brand since 2003! We've been a "silent partner" to many top producers around the country. Whether you just need help getting started, or want ongoing services, we can create a solution for your needs and budget. Contact us today for your personal consultation!
Copywriter & Marketing Specialist