I am so excited to be writing this article as it is the 100th blog post here on BestRealEstateWriter.com!
As someone that has seen the never-ending benefits of creating custom content to promote their business, I felt compelled to take this 100th blog post and use it to share some of the many, many ways it could transform your business too.
I have been so lucky to be able to write thousands and thousands of articles for real estate agents, brokers, investors, coaches, and more. Seeing all of the amazing results that they have achieved (clients, referrals, commissions, Google domination) from the content I have given them has been nothing short of thrilling.
I want to see you enjoy those same results, too!
I’m convinced that if you read these 50 reasons to create your own custom real estate content you will be determined to get started right away. Oh, and if you need any help, don’t hesitate to reach out to me!
Cold, Hard Statistics About Real Estate Content
50. With leads, long-form posts are 9X more effective than short-form posts.
49. 60 percent of marketers publish one piece of content per day. (Source: eMarketer)
48. Content marketing offers three times the leads of traditional marketing while costing around 62 percent less. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
47. 58 percent of marketers agree that “original written content” is more effective than visuals and videos. (Source: Social Media Examiner)
46. 72 percent of marketers view branded content as producing a better ROI over magazine advertisements. (Source: Luma Partners, LLC)
45. 64 percent of B2B marketers outsource their writing.
44. 63 percent of marketers create content based on a buyer persona. (Source: Hubspot)
43. 87 percent of marketers use social media for content delivery. (Source: CMI)
42. 48 percent of marketers create dedicated content for three to five buying stages. (Source: LinkedIn Technology Marketing Community)
41. When researching a company, 95 percent of B2B buyers view content as trustworthy. (Source: DemandGen)
40. 69 percent of marketers prefer content to public relations and direct mail. (Source: Custom Content Council)
39. 94 percent of B2B marketers prefer LinkedIn for content distribution. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
38. 78 percent of CMOs are investing in custom content. (Source: DemandMetric)
37. Four out of Five sites use blogs and email newsletters. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
36. Companies can increase their conversion rates five times higher than companies that don’t use content marketing. (Source: Aberdeen)
Video Content Is Still A Game-Changer
35. One of the many reasons that you are so lucky to work in this industry is that it is a very visually stimulating field with constant opportunities to create compelling video content. The more you take advantage of the constant opportunities you have to create videos, the faster you will find success.
34. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages (SERPs).
33. Initial emails with a video receive an increase click-through rate by 96%. I’m a big fan of using videos within emails to increase engagement from your campaigns. There are several ways you can accomplish this but BombBomb is a fan favorite in the real estate world.
32. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. One of my favorite ways of incorporating video to improve your real estate website’s performance is to generate a video version of all of your blog posts and include that video at the top of each post. The fastest and easiest way to do that is with Content Samurai which allows you to transform your real estate blog posts into videos in a couple of minutes. You can snag yourself a free trial of Content Samurai to try it for yourself here.
31. 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos. Your social media presence should be flooded with videos of listings, neighborhoods, and real estate advice which is all branded around you. That branding helps people to become more familiar with both you and the benefits of the content that you produce and share.
20. Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined. If you are riding the struggle bus when it comes to growing your social media, you probably need to create more video content to improve your engagement rates.
29. 73% of homeowners say that they are more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video. If that is not enough to convince you that video is essential, I don’t know what is.
Real Estate Bloggers Are Better Off
28. Those who prioritize blogging will be 13X more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
27. After 21-54 blogs, businesses see a traffic increase to their blogs by up to 30%. This is why I always encourage those with brand new real estate blogs to publish at least 15-25 articles in the very beginning.
26. Among those who use email marketing, companies that blog get twice as much traffic from their email than those who don’t. If you already get my weekly emails, you know that I use the content of my blog to populate the content for my newsletters. This is a very easy way to repurpose your real estate blog.
25. 90% of consumers find custom content useful, 78% believe that companies behind content are interested in building good relationships. As you know, earning the trust of those that follow you, is one of your biggest challenges. Content is proven to be one of the fastest and most effective ways of earning trust at scale.
24. Businesses that blog 20 more times in a month get 5X more traffic than those that blog 4 times or less each month. My clients that purchase at least 12-20 blog posts per month from me have seen unheard of results and increases in their traffic which of course leads to more clients.
23. Blog articles with images get 94% more views. Not only do images and videos help to break up the text and make your real estate blogs more pleasing to the eye, but they also help to improve the SEO ranking of your posts. There are plenty of free stock photo websites you can use like pexels.com to get beautiful images to supplement your blog.
22. 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content and are also more likely to buy from that company. Always make sure that the content you post on your real estate website and blog is truly original and not copied from another website or blog because Google will severely punish you for that.
21. 50% of consumer time online is spent engaging with custom content. If you want engagement, you must create content. It’s plain and simple.
20. 6.7 million people publish blogs on blogging websites, and another 12 million write blogs using their social networks. I love seeing social media accounts that are treated like a blog. What many people don’t realize is that Instagram is a fantastic platform for this!
19. If a blog is more than 1,500 words, on average it receives 68.1% more tweets and 22.6% more Facebook likes. Longform content like this is excellent for positioning yourself as a true expert on any topic and showing off to your connections that you are worthy of their trust.
18. 82% of marketers who blog daily acquired a customer using their blog, as opposed to 57% of marketers who blog monthly. I NEVER recommend blogging any less than once per week because it will take you so long to get any results that it becomes a moot point.
17. Customer testimonials have the highest effectiveness rating for content marketing at 89%. Your client testimonials are a great opportunity for storytelling to build your real estate brand. If you have a client testimonial that is tied to an interesting transaction, take that opportunity to create a post that tells the story and shows how you helped solve a problem.
16. 79% of marketing leads never convert into sales. Lack of lead nurturing is the common cause of this poor performance. Your real estate blog, vlog, newsletter, podcast, or Alexa Flash Briefing skill is an effective way of nurturing your leads on auto-pilot.
15. 92% of SEO practitioners say content creation is an effective SEO tactic, and 76% regularly invest in content creation.
14. Search is the top traffic driver to content-oriented websites, producing on average nearly four times the traffic of social media (41% from search, 11% from social).
13. One-third of searches are location based. That is why it is so important that real estate agents make all of their content hyperlocal. You will dominate searches so much faster by making all of your custom real estate content localized.
12. 50% of search queries are 4 words or longer. For this reason, you need to be mindful to use longtail keywords into your real estate blog posts.
11. 81% of B2B purchase cycles start with web search, and 90% of buyers say when they are ready to buy, “they’ll find you.” As you know, many buyers and sellers need time before they make a move, so your real estate website and content need to be consistently updated with fresh content that nurtures them until they are ready to pull the trigger.
10. On average, conversion rates are 10 times higher from search than from social on desktops. On smartphones, conversion rates are 15 times higher from search than social. This proves that you can’t afford to neglect your SEO and rely solely on your social presence.
9. 53% of marketers rank content creation as the single most effective SEO tactic. Anyone can pay for PPC ads (which continue to increase in cost), but not everyone has what it takes to commit to regular and aggressive content creation.
8. 57% of B2B marketers say SEO has the biggest impact on lead generation.
7. 33% of clicks from organic search results go to the top listing on Google. It may not be easy to make it to the top spot on Google, but the more aggressive you are about adding fresh, valuable, long-form content, the easier it will get. A handful of my clients have reached that top spot within a couple of months of hiring me to write their content for them.
6. Websites with 51 to 100 pages generate 48% more traffic than websites with 1 to 50 pages. The majority of those pages should be made up of blog posts and neighborhood profiles.
5. Google search interest in “near me” has increased 34X since 2011 and has nearly doubled since last year. For this reason, you should be incorporating “near me” into as much content on your real estate website as possible.
4. Custom content is one of the fastest and more effective way of growing your email list which you can use to convert clients, sell affiliate products, and earn referrals.
3. You can earn thousands of dollars per month in passive income by selling ad space alongside your real estate content or incorporating affiliate links to products and services that you believe in.
2. Every piece of real estate content that you produce and share to your real estate website works 24/7 365 to attract new real estate clients for you. Unlike activities like door-knocking or cold-calling, your real estate blog grows in value over time and works for you forever.
1. Cliche As It May Be, CONTENT IS KING. In This Current Day And Age, Those That Have The Most Content Beat The Competition Every Time. No Matter How Big Or Rich Your Competitor Is, You Can Beat Them A Thousand Times Over By Creating Content Or Hiring Someone To Do It For You.
If you would like to learn more about my real estate content writing services, you can book a free consultation with me here.