There is so much to learn each day. Do you take the opportunities?
Every time my dog gets up from a nap he does something that is a lesson for us smarter, but sometimes unaware humans. He stretches. It's good for his body, and it gives him a few seconds to become aware of his surroundings. Scripture tells us that "The heavens declare the glory of God" (Ps 19.1). Even our best artists can't duplicate the magnificent array of colors in a sunset or a sunrise.
Life is full of lessons. If we're aware, they will help steer us to better decisions and more success in life and business. Here's a few examples:
- Sunrise and sunset. They have a natural order. So does life. I've watched a lot of associates do everything to be at the peak of the business before they've barely established themselves. They spend a fortune for all the "shiny keys" early on, and they burn out just as fast. Everyone pays his dues. It may be short or it may be long, but it is timed. The gap between sunrise and sunset is shorter in Winter, but there is still a gap. It's not the time between them, it's the progression.
- Driving into the sun blinds you. I'm sure you've had that drive where the sun was right in front of you the whole time. Hence, we have sun-visors and sunglasses.There's a real danger when driving into a blinding sun. It becomes all consuming and distracting during the drive.There is also a real danger to your physical and emotional health when you keep something difficult in front of you all the time. Negative events come and go in life, but when your total focus is on the situation, it's hard to see where you're going.
- A bad diet makes you sluggish. You were designed for optimal performance. If you put sludge in your gas tank, you will perform poorly. If you put high octane fuels in your system, you will perform better. God designed you to be healthy. You can cooperate with that design, or you can defy it. That is costly. That bad diet can be food, or it can be what you put in your head.
- Every day starts and stops. Every new day is a new opportunity to make a new beginning. If yesterday was a bust, that is not a precursor for today. Whether it's business, relationships or dealing with your health - you get a new day every 24 hours. Start over if needed.
- Never step in rushing flood waters. They will sweep you away. Never interfere in someone else's problems, office politics or a fight that is not your own. They can quickly consume you and distract you from your own life. I've know a number of professional problem shifters. Today, it's their problem, tomorrow it's your problem. Just say no.
- Be aware of the life lessons in the world around you. There are more lessons being played out in front of you than you can record. The ones you catch - you catch because they are important.
Pay attention. When your dog does his yoga pose, "Downward dog, Upward dog," he is teaching you a lesson about health. When the sun rises and sets, it is teaching you about beauty and the ending of something and the beginning of something beautiful. Life is full of lessons. Welcome to class!
Give me a call, or email me for all your real estate needs, and let's make something amazing happen.
Real Estate Sales and Property Management
(Disclaimer: All grammatical mistakes, punctuation breakdowns and misspellings are purely for your amusement and entertainment. Feel free to cackle.)