- Tiz the season when entertainment is more frequent and there is the chance that "accidents happen." Your tablecloth may meet with some red wine that is spilled...not to worry...here is the remedy !
- Blot do not rub the spill...removing excess wine with a clean white cloth
- Slide a bowl under the fabric with the stain in the center
- Sprinkle salt on the stain
- Add boiling water
- Machine wash as usual
The wine may also find its way to the carpeting...not to worry it can be removed with things you have on hand. Here is the procedure:
- Blot to remove excess wine...do NOT rub
- Pour cold water and continue blotting until you have removed as much of the stain as possible.
- Make a paste of baking soda mixing 3 parts water to one part baking soda. When the paint is dry, vacuum the dried paste.
No whining...enjoy your wine...be careful...but now you have a plan B...just in case !
This is a helpful holiday hint brought to you by Sally K.& David L. Hanson, Broker Associates with EXP Realty honored to be serving southeastern Wisconsin in all things real estate.