We all have gifts and abilities, what are you doing with those awesome talents? We can always find a way to become better by always finding a way to improve those gifts and abilities. Take the time to invest in yourself and your abilities. Here are six simple ways that will only take some of your time and not all of your treasures.
1) Take a class, seminar, or webinar that will enhance your skills and abilities.
2) Read a good book, about your gifts, skills, or talents.
3) Find a mentor, someone you can glean from especially someone in your field or on your team.
4) Ask a lot of questions, it's OK to say, "I don't have the answer" Do some research.
5) Learn a new word and how to use it in a sentence. Try to find out all the words about your field, your talent, your gifting.
6) Search the Internet, Google, YoyTube, Social Media, see what other successful people in your field are doing it and how they're doing it.
I've met a few people in my time, and every time you say something or tell a story, they have done it bigger and better and never needed anyone's help, they're the "know it all". The one who always wants to be upfront, seen, and heard. I'm not against someone being better or doing bigger than me, take what you've done and share it to help others, not belittle someone or make them feel like they're not worthy of being where you are.
We all need someone who knows a little more than us and someone who doesn't know as much. Why? You need a mentor and you should be mentoring someone else. Each one reaching one. What are you doing to improve yourself and others? What are you doing to make someone's life a little bit better.
There's always room for improvement, we just have to be humble enough to say and know that we don't know it all. Once I learn something new, if it will help me and benefit someone else, I will share it.
Did you know there's 85 synonyms for "Help"?
Here are a few of my favorites:
Accommodate, Advance, Bail Out, Comfort, Counsel, Encourage, Favor, Minister To, Promote, Rescue, Restore, Revive, Save, Support, Work For