Merry Christmas Eve 2018...from Charlotte NC
What a wonderful Christmas Eve! Family in for some holiday cheer... A big holiday brunch today with family since Matt & Meli (my oldest and his wife) have a Peruvian Christmas celebration late this evening with Meli's family.
We always do dinner, never a big brunch so, this was a new 'plan' and experience for us! Here's what was on the menu:
- Scrambled eggs with lobster
- Bacon (Don't judge me, Barbara Todaro!!!)
- Avocado caprise
- Cinnamon-maple French toast
- Blueberry pancakes
- Homemade maple-pecan butter (with store-bought syrups & local honey)
- Sausage breakfast casserole
- Cream cheese banana bread (Thank you, Will Hamm! It was delicious!)
The packages are all wrapped & packed and my dishes made for an early rise and travel to Columbia for Christmas Day. As always, I'm sure we'll have enough food to feed the masses! Yes, we are READY!
And, finally...the stockings are hung by the chimney with care...and Santa is ready for a night cap!
Merry Christmas to all and to all a GOOD NIGHT!