Most real estate agents are already active on social media in some capacity. Why is it so important?
Let’s take a look at some statistics:
- 68% of American adults use Facebook
- Pinterest has 250 million monthly active users
- 73% of American adults use YouTube
- More than 1/3 of American adults use Instagram
If you want to reach people online, social media is a huge avenue to do so. It certainly doesn’t hurt that so many social media platforms let you target your message, as well – for a fee, of course.
Here are some tips to be more active on social media in 2019!
Get Comfy on Video
People love video, and it’s a leading medium to attract new fans, prospects, and customers. If you haven’t been doing video, 2019 is a great time to start.
Uncomfortable on video? You’re not alone! Fortunately, there’s a lot you can do to work on getting more comfortable with it.
Some ideas include:
- Record yourself talking about topics – any topics – on your cell phone. Get a good friend or relative to give you feedback on how you did. You don’t have to start with a huge audience!
- Practice doing Facebook Live by setting the video to “Private – only me.” This will give you practice doing a Live, managing your cell phone or camera, talking about things off the cuff – without the pressure of an audience right away.
- Just jump in! In the end, the only way to get truly comfortable with something is just to do it. Think about when you began as a real estate agent – you just had to swallow hard and jump in!
When you get comfortable on video, you’ll have a ton of options that will help you grow your business. Some of our favorites are virtual open houses and posting Q&As for home buyers or sellers.
Share Yourself and Your Business
You know that people only do business with those they know, like, and trust – but are you authentic online? If your online presence is stiff, you might think it’s “professional” – but actually prospects see you as unrelatable.
Do you have kids? Pets? A great hobby? Do you run or hike in scenic areas? These are all opportunities to share more of yourself online.
Asking questions is another great way to engage. Those popular “Keep only 3” posts on Facebook can give your friends and followers a fun reason to comment. You can also ask how people are doing with a specific holiday or upcoming event.
Finally, be sure to share about your business. Do behind-the-scenes, talk about your specific expertise, and share information that shows why Realtors® are so important.
Being authentic and personable will help you gain new clients in 2019!
Keep It Consistent
The most important part of any marketing outreach comes down to a single word – consistency!
When it comes to social media, quality is more important than quantity. If you can only focus on one social media platforms, do it! Rock the heck out of that social media outlet.
Over time, you’ll get more comfortable. You’ll learn to repurpose content for multiple online channels. You may be able to hire a VA or assistant. Those are good times to branch out to another social media platform.
You know another place to stay consistent in 2019? Your print marketing! We would love to help you set up a postcard series that will get you going in the new year. You should be sending one mailing a month – are you there yet?
Check out our farming postcards, including some brand new designs, and get started!
This post originally shared on PrinterBees' Real Estate Marketing Magazine.