C'mon Readers, There's No Such Thing!
Are you still enjoying the holidays? We've got a few more days of recklessness where dieting & nutrition are concerned. Have you had your fill yet?
- 1 large loaf brioche bread (Challah or Italian works also)
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (almond milk with vanilla is good too)
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 1/2 cup orange juice (up to 1 cup is OK and no pulp is recommended)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (to taste if vanilla almond milk is used)
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- Maple Syrup
- Tear bread into pieces slightly larger than bite size. Place in 3 quart casserole dish (9 x 13 is fine)
- In medium bowl, whip eggs, milk, half and half, orange juice, vanilla, butter and cinnamon together then pour evenly over bread
- Cover and place in refrigerator overnight to allow the bread to soak up the mixture
- In the morning preheat oven to 350°F. and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is browned
- Remove from oven and drizzle with maple syrup
- Serve warm and Enjoy
- It's supposed to serve 6 to 8 guests but that never happens!