Thanks to Facebook, Twitter & Instagram, I'm all caught up on the latest and hippest new year resolutions. So this blog will not include plans to lose weight, eat healthy foods, exercise or make new friends.
My 5 best New Year resolutions are practical and aim to make daily life easier and more enjoyable. So here goes!
- Organize family photos with Digmypics.com -We literally have thousands of pictures of family and friends. Some are framed and hanging on the walls of our home but the majority of the photos we have are in boxes and stored under a staircase. I found the Digmypics website last week and have reached out to them to start the organization process. Now I have an ally and the task suddenly feels less daunting!
- Consider using an electric toothbrush - To say that I LOVE my electric toothbrush may seem a little dramatic but it's true. I love my new electric toothbrush! I did some reading, talked to my dentist and bought an electric brush and I'm never going back to a manual brush again. According to Consumer Reports, electric brushes reduce dental plaque and gingivitis, two nasty problems that can end up costing you time and money!
- Visit an acupressure practitioner several times a month - Acupressure is a part of Chinese medicine where the practitioner applies pressure to specific points along the body to increase blood flow, release tension and unblock the life energy called "qi" or "chi". It's an amazing experience and benefits the body and mind for days after the visit. Check to see if your insurance will cover the cost.
- Grow your own vegetables and herbs - Gardening and growing your own vegetables in one of the best ways to eat more veggies. It's also fun to plan the garden, especially with a partner. My husband and I are creating a large garden with our next door neighbor. We're discussing what to grow, how to fertilize and it's already a fun hobby and we haven't planted anything yet!
- Practice kindness - Every time we interact with someone, we have the opportunity to make their day a little better. The gas station attendant, the girl behind the cash register, the fast food employee, the coat check person-you get the idea. And why does it matter? Because it's one way we can make the world a better place and we can give something that also benefits us. Kindness can become a habit, a really good habit that will have a ripple effect with others.
So there you have it! My random Top 5 Best New Year Resolutions for 2019!