Vintage Lighting? Millenial Pink? 1970's Groovy Vibes? According to some, these are all anticipated design trends for housingin 2019.
Say good-bye to rose gold and hello to copper. Bye to exposed lighting and hello to sconces and pendants.
But I have to draw the line at 1970's geometric patterns, etc. Those colors and designs never appealed to me then, let alone now.
With new trends endlessly popping up, it can be challenging to decide what home design projects are worth your time and money. It will serve you well to research what trends are timeless and what trends have gone by the wayside before investing in updating your home, especially if you are getting ready to put it on the market. To simplify that process for you, here is a list of five of the hottest home design projects for 2019!
- Vintage Lighting - Think less exposed lighting and more pendants and sconces. Brass and copper finishes will also be popular. Changing light fixtures is a great way to change the whole look and feel of a room.
- Millennial Pink - Already a hit in the fashion world, this trendy hue is making its way into home décor in unique and creative ways in 2019. This serene color softens any room and mixes well with other colors and metals. 15 Millennial Pink Accessories for Your Home
- Copper Accents - Say goodbye to rose gold - popular in 2018, and hello to copper for 2019. The red and orange tones of copper add an earthy hue to any space. Copper Accents
- Bucket Sinks - Sometimes called a “trough sink”, the bucket sink is another vintage design trend that designers believe will make a huge comeback in 2019. Farm-house inspired, these sinks will add a touch of nostalgia and personality to your kitchen and/or bathrooms.
- 70s Chic - You may have heard the saying “everything old is new again”, and that is so true for 2019! Along with many other old design trends coming back in style, such as velvet and geometric patterns, the 70s era is going to be well represented in the new year. Warm palettes, funky textures and abstract silhouettes will make your home feel groovy!
These are just a few of many Home Design Trends that can give your home a whole new aesthetic, and if you’re selling, make it more desirable to buyers in 2019!
Photo Credit: trenddesignbook.com