With the start of a new year and brisk, single digit temperatures for the high today I am thinking about winter fun and ideas for what to put on your calendar for the next few months.
We all know that skiing is a great option and with an exceptional year for snow so far all the Colorado ski resorts are open & available. If downhill skiing is not your thing consider cross country (be prepared for a work out it is harder than you might think). Nordic skiing is also another option (I think I would need a lesson to get the leg bend thing down).
Here are some ideas of things you might not have heard of but fun to either participate in or go and see:
- Budweiser International Show Sculpture - held in Breckenridge from January 21st - 30th.
- X Games in Aspen - held in Aspen January 24 - 27th
- Steamboat Springs Winter Carnival - February 6 - 10th
- Lake City Ice Climbing Festival - held in Lake City February 10th
- Cripple Creek Chain Saw Ice Festival - held in Cripple Creek February 8 - 17th
- Winter Train Trips - multiple locations for various train rides in Colorado
- National Western Stock Show - held in Denver January 8 - 27th
- Denver Restaurant Week - held in Denver February 22 - March 3rd
- Manitou's Mumbo Jumbo Gumbo Cookoff - held in Manitou Springs March 2nd from 10:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Monte Vista Crane Festival - held in Monte Vista March 8 - 10th.
- Durango Bluegrass Meltdown - held in Durango April 20 - 22nd.
With so many places to go and things to do the list can get long but I wanted to give you something to start with and build from as you discover what you love to do.