What Do You Need To Rent A Home Or Condo in Danbury,CT?

Real Estate Agent with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty CT RES.0783448

If you are in the market to lease a property in Danbury,CT there's a good amount of paperwork that most landlords require from you before they get out a lease for your review.

-Offer To Lease: This is generally a one page document that is filled out. It included what you are offering to pay each month for rent, the amount of security deposit& any appliances or personal property to be included with the home. This document also includes when you would like to move in & have the lease end. In addition, there is space for additional terms of conditions of the house(for example to add if you want the owner to paint or make other improvements or to mention that you have an pet).

-Photo ID: We require a  copy of your drivers insurance.

-Pay Information: It is my office's policy to collect your two most recent pay stubs for all adults living in the home over 18 years old or if you are self employed, a copy of the last years tax returns.

-Lead Based Paint: This is required to be provided by the owner for all homes built prior to 1978, under national law. It is a disclosure form stating whether the owners have any knowledge or reports over this type of paint.

-Credit & Background Check: My office requires all of our tenant clients to have their credit & background check ran through our own independent vendor. We can not accept 'self-provided' reports from sites such as credit karma or similar. There is a non-refundable fee of $35 per person that is paid directly to the vendor via credit card online. It takes about 10 minutes to fill out. It gives just your credit score (no account information) and searches for any criminal history, evictions or judgments. It is then forwarded to the landlord for their review.

-Application To Lease:This is one page summary page. It asks how long you have been at your current job, employment contact information ,current & past landlord contact information & address, your salary and any pet information done.

-References: Pleasr provide the owner with 2 people that are not family members that have known you for over a year that the landlord or landlords' agent can contact.

Are you in the market for a home or conmdo to rent in the Greater Danbury,CT area. Please contact me today with your wish list. I look forweard to hearing from you.-Jon

Posted by

Jonathan Hall-Realtor Serving Greater Danbury & Candlewood Lake with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
Search Local Listings
Explore Danbury Condos
203-417-0523 (Cell)
Local Expertise you can count on




This information is provided by Jonathan Hall,Realtor  with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty in the Greater Danbury & Candlewood Region of CT. For additional information, please call him at 203-417-0523,203-796-7700X305 or email me at danburyrealestate@gmail.com . Unless indicated, all content is the property of Jonathan Hall. If you would like to use any of this information, please contact me for permission. He is a licensed CT Salesperson License #RES.0783448 with William Pitt Real Estate LLC License # REB.0751698. His office is located at 112 Federal Road,Danbury CT 06811.

Comments (0)