Matthews, NC Housing Market Update/Video: December 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update/Video for December 2018. December home sales in Matthews, North Carolina saw continued home sale prices increases. Market inventory remained tight and the months supply of homes at 1.9 months indicated a continuing seller’s market. Closed and pending sales, as well as new listings, were all down by double digits in December. Lack of affordable inventory can be considered a contributing factor for this situation, as well as the holiday season slowdown.
- Average sale price of Matthews area homes increased by 4% to just under $322,000 as compared with the same period one year ago. This average sale price is also almost $45,000 higher in December than it was just last month in November.
- Median sale price for Matthews area homes in December decreased 3.4% versus one year ago to $262,000.
- Average days on market for property listings in Matthews were 44 days (down 12 days compared with one year ago).
- Median days on market stood at 29 days in December 2018, up 5 days compared with one year ago. No doubt that with increasing home prices houses are taking longer to sell than just a few months ago.
- Average price per square foot increased by 6.5% to $132/square foot in December 2018 versus the same period in 2017.
- Pending sales in Matthews decreased 14.3% in December versus the same month last year.
- Closed sales in Matthews decreased 50% compared with the same month one year ago.
- New listings in Matthews decreased 18.6% versus December 2017.
- Months supply of inventory remained low at 1.9 months keeping Matthews a seller’s market.
- Median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 96.2%, showing relatively little negotiating room in the 28105 zip code for Matthews area homes.
It continues to be a seller's market in Matthews and the 28105 zip code and a very competitive environment for affordable homes for home buyers in Matthews, North Carolina.
PREVIOUS MATTHEWS, NORTH CAROLINA HOUSING MARKET UPDATES
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Matthews, NC is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts and Matthews specialists, opening doors for Matthews home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in Matthews or anywhere in the Charlotte metro area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Originally published at: https://greathomesincharlotte.com/housing-market-reports-updates/matthews-december-2018