Let's take a look and see what's happening in real estate in the 94002 -- Belmont, California, in early January, 2019:
- 10 - active listings for sale - single family, townhouses and condos
- 7 - active listings of single family homes, ranging in price from $998,000 to $3,400,000
- $1,888,000 - median list price of the single family homes
- 3 - active listings of condos/townhouses
- $ 798,000 - median list price of the condos/townhouses
- 2 - number of new listings since 1/1/19
Not much inventory for a city of approximately 27,200 people! If patterns from past years hold true, by the end of January we should have an appreciable increase in the number of new listings. We generally have more active buyers ready to purchase then, too.
What about prices in Belmont, California? What does 2019 have in store? Per the statisticians at Compass, California and U.S. home price growth is expected to slow this year. Read about the expectations for the San Francisco Bay Area as well as other parts of the state on the Compass blog.