Realtors spend a LOT of time in the car. Of course, when you have clients, you can spend that time wisely, but when you're on your own -- what are some ways to make car time a little more fun, and possibly productive as well. :)
1. Audiobooks: Now, Audible is SO expensive! It seems like everyone on the internet is pushing Audible every minute (because they must pay a fortune in marketing!). BUT, there are lots of cheap ways to not use Audible -- including things like:
- Your local library likely has audiobooks you can rent through their app (mine uses Overdrive)
- Cheaper options like Scribd (I talk about some other options in that post I linked to above)
- Your local library may also have CD's you could use as well.
- Talk with friends. They might own one they are willing to lend you (and chances are good that it's great if they own it!)
2. Music: Sure, we've all been using this since we learned how to drive with the radio blaring. But, don't forget to use services like Spotify, Pandor, Amazon Music etc. Of course, the radio can be fun as can just plugging in your phone for some of your favorite tunes to bop to.
3. Make client calls. Of course, you 100% need a hands-free system if you plan to make client calls. I don't recommend doing anything to "heavy" while you're in the car. But, if you need to just call other agents to nudge them along -- you can make it worth your time to get that "busy"-work is done, and you can move onto heavier stuff once you're at your location.
4. Podcasts. These are a bit newer to the scene -- but there are SO many good ways to make these worth your time. Don't forget to find multiple areas you can benefit from:
- Real Estate Podcasts: Plenty of these that will give you ideas to be a better agent
- Business Podcasts: Manage your money and your business with a more keen eye with these! They'll inspire you to make your money WORK for you!
- Marketing Podcasts: Want to get your name "out there" better? Online marketing is a whole other world, so it's time to learn from the experts!
- Fun Podcats: There are a lot of REALLY fun podcasts that you can use to unwind with after a busy day. I love Dax Shepherd's Armchair Expert (although the language can be a lot, so I don't listen if my kids are in the car). His first episode with his wife was one of my favorite podcasts of all time!
Gone are the days of wasting countless hours in the car when you could really be using them for your benefit.
I even just put in a new screen with the ability to connect to my phone better so that I could use my phone even better in the car.
Just make sure you're SAFE when you use it. And, that the things you're doing are helping build you up and be a better agent.