Mauna Lani is a beautiful resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort covers over 3,200 acres and contains 15 separate neighborhoods. From private oceanfront homes to secluded condos, there is something for every discerning buyer.
The Mauna Lani Resort offers its residents two Championship Golf Courses, the Mauna Lani Beach Club, and a Spa and Fitness Center. Also within the resort are two luxury hotels, thMauna Lani Bay Hotel (currently closed for renovations) and the Fairmont Orchid Hotel. Both hotels offer a wide variety of activities and dining options. The Shops at Mauna Lani also provide plenty of restaurant choices, such as Tommy Bahamas’ and Ruth’s Chris Steak House. This open-air mall also consists of a selection of shops that include a mixture of famous brand names and local craftsmanship, and of course, the world-class, white sand beaches are always close by.
At the time of this writing (Jan 3rd), there were 18 homes for sale, but no homes in escrow in the Mauna Lani Resort, along with 61 condos for sale, with 9 in escrow. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $7,690,000, and is located at 68-1052 Pauoa Way in the Pauoa Beach subdivision, while the most expensive condo on the market is listed at $3,379,000 and is Unit #A303 in the Mauna Lani Terrace community. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced home on the market is Ka Milo #18, located in Ka Milo at Mauna Lani Resort, and is listed at $1,499,000, while on the condo side, the lowest priced one currently on the market is listed at $519,000. It is Unit #I-2, in the Palm Villas at Mauna Lani.
When it comes to sales in the 4th Quarter, the number of condos sold was, as usual, quite higher than the number of homes sold. In the Q4 time frame of October through December 2018, there were 6 homes sold in the Mauna Lani Resort, while 13 condos were sold. The highest priced home to sell is the Residences at Laulea #7A1 and it sold for $3,912,500, from a list price of $4,400,000. The lowest priced home sold for $1,280,000, from a list price of $1,299,000, and is Ka Milo #17, in Ka Milo at Mauna Lani. The highest priced of the 13 condos sold is also in the Residences at Laulea, Unit #4B2, and it sold for $3,200,000, from a list price of the same amount. While the condo with the lowest sales price was Palm Villas #H-3, which sold for $525,000 from a list price of the same amount.
Analysis: The sales volume of single-family homes in Mauna Lani Resort has remained fairly constant throughout 2018 while condos sales dipped slightly in the 4th Quarter. It remains to be seen whether this is a seasonal slow down or a trend. Condo inventory, as usual, spiked in the 4th Quarter as sellers put their units on the market for the winter selling season.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. If you enjoyed this Market Update, read about other location on the Kohala Coast on my Market Update Page. Mahalo
Highlights of the Q4 2018 Mauna Lani Real Estate Update
- Number of homes currently for sale - 18
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 0
- Number of condos currently for sale – 61
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 9
- Highest priced home currently for sale - $7,690,000 68-1052 Pauoa Wy, in Pauoa Beach
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $3,379,000 Mauna Lani Terrace #A303
- Lowest priced home currently for sale - $1,499,000 Ka Milo #18, in Ka Milo at Mauna Lani
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $519,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #I-2
- Number of homes sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) - 6
- Number of Condos sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 21
- Highest priced home sold in Q4 - $3,912,500 Residences at Laulea #7A1
- Highest priced condo sold in Q4 - $3,200,000 Residences at Laulea #4B2
- Lowest priced home sold in Q4 - $1,560,000 Ka Milo #17, in Ka Milo at Mauna Lani
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q4 - $525,000 Palm Villas #H-3
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Real Estate Update for November 2018.
First published at www.viewhawaiiluxuryhomes.com/marketupdates