Happy New Year! Hope your new year will be the best ever! May peace, prosperity, happiness and more time with your loved ones! Every Year I love to start off with a hike! I have adventurous children so it is easily acheived! Here is our hike through the bamboo forrest on Maui, Hawaii. To get to the highest waterfall on this trail (that I have hiked and aware of) you have to walk through the bamboo forrest, climb up 2 walls (one is a basically a terraced wall and the other mostly vertical rock wall-there is rope !) then you have to pass 2 other waterfalls and pools, walk along the stream bed filled with big boulders, then finally swim your way to the tall waterfall! Just the right amount of difficulty for me to feel accomplished!
2018 was a wonderful year. I was also honored as "Realtor (S) of the Year in 2018" by the Realtors Association of Maui. I felt so humbled to be given this award. Mahalo!
Summary of Maui Real Estate December 2018
- Median Sales Price increased 3.4% to $708,750 for Single Family homes
- Median Sales Price 14.1% to $493,500 for Condominium homes.
- Days on Market decreased 21.1% for Single Family homes and 24.5% for Condos.
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 8.1% for Single Family homes and 22.6% for Condos
- New Listings decreased 16.1% for Single Family homes and 1.7% for Condos.
- Pending Sales decreased 3.8%for Single Family homes but increased 5.6% for Condos.
- Inventory decreased 13.2% for Single Family homes and 21.6% for Condos.
Notable Maui Real Estate Sales in 2018:
Maui County Highest Single Family Sale in 2018 on MLS: 3190 South Kihei Rd. Beachfront Home 5 bedroom/7 bath home. 7331 SF. Land size approx. 0.71 acre. Located on South Maui. On Keawakapu Beach. Built in 2015. Sold Price $22,800,000
Maui County Highest Condominium Sale in 2018 on MLS: Wailea Beach Villa D-302. 3 bedroom/3.5 bath Condo (short term rentals allowed). 2934 SF. Located in Wailea, South Maui. Beachfront complex. Built in 2005. Sold Price $10,000,000
Maui County Highest Land Sale in 2018 on MLS: 36 Maluaka Place. The exclusive area of Makena, South Maui. A little over half an acre of oceanfront land 0.55 acres. Sold Price $11,500,000.
The Maui Luxury Homes Report will be coming shortly.
Thank you and a hui hou...(until we meet again)