Back in the "day", we would chat and talk without much concern about how it was being interpreted or who was listening. After all, if we needed to be private, we would step aside or meet privately. A person could listen to how something was said to know what was meant.
Enter the internet and technology! Let's see...
1. If you capitalize everything you are yelling!
2. How simple is it to hit "Reply all" and all of a sudden a lot of people are receiving a message that was never intended for them.
3. Reading words without inflection can mean so many things, depending on the relationship or the mood of the person receiving the words.
4. BCC means there are secret listeners...and that is what is intended so you never know who is listening.
5. Your words NEVER disappear once "Send" is clicked on. They are there for eternity and can be freshly brought up like they were yesterday.
I, for one, long for the days of face to face conversations!