Do You Need A Real Estate Attorney For A Closing in Danbury,CT

Real Estate Agent with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty CT RES.0783448

When you purchase or a sell a home in the state of Ct, you will need to engage a real estate attorney to represent you for the closing. They are responsible for performing the title search, preparing the formal contact of sale, holding the earnest money deposit & contract funds, working with the lenders to prepare the final closing numbers, releasing and recording the documents of sale at the town municipalities, obtaining any homeowner association paperwork and much more. Both  the home buyer and the seller have their own separate attorney. Typically, the home seller has the first pick & should engage their attorney prior to the listing the house. The attorney can review the offer paperwork prior to getting the final signatures. The home buyer generally selects on right after there is a verbal agreement with the home seller on the price & terms.

It is typically the responsibly of the listing agent to send over all of the agent prepared paperwork for the sale to both attorneys and the home buyer's real estate agent. That paperwork is accompanied by a document that the home sellers attorney uses to prepare the formal contract; it's known as the contract information sheet. it features the home buyers and sellers name and address, the sales price, any inspection required, any contingencies, the mortgage commitment date & desired closing date, the real estate agents contact information and more. Additional paperwork included in the package is the signed offer agreement, home buyer's pre-approval or pre-qualification letter, signed property disclosures, lead paint disclosure if applicable, inclusion/exclusion sheet, copy of the home buyer's deposit check, copy of the MLS listing and more.

As a real estate agent in the Danbury, I have had a clients work with a number of different attorneys in the area and can provide to you recommendations if you don't remember you used before, were not happy with your prior one or are new to the area & would need one. I always recommended clients engage an attorney that is experienced and specializes only in real estate.

Posted by

Jonathan Hall-Realtor Serving Greater Danbury & Candlewood Lake with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
Search Local Listings
Explore Danbury Condos
203-417-0523 (Cell)
Local Expertise you can count on




This information is provided by Jonathan Hall,Realtor  with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty in the Greater Danbury & Candlewood Region of CT. For additional information, please call him at 203-417-0523,203-796-7700X305 or email me at . Unless indicated, all content is the property of Jonathan Hall. If you would like to use any of this information, please contact me for permission. He is a licensed CT Salesperson License #RES.0783448 with William Pitt Real Estate LLC License # REB.0751698. His office is located at 112 Federal Road,Danbury CT 06811.

Comments (0)