What are the 10 Commandments of Selling your home from Moses or Me? There are things we learn in the real estate business on what not to do and as well as to do when selling a home. There are many but here are my top ten commandments for a Seller to get top dollar for their home. Do not do these! By the way, these are all easy things to do and do not involve large amounts if any cash. A home seller that follows these 10 Commandments will have a home that SMILES and sells at a higher price. A home that does not SMILE sells for less.
10 Commandments to Moses in the Charlton Heston 1956 movie "The Ten Commandments"
The 10 Commandments given to Moses are real and important instructions to us. What about, the Real Estate 10 Commandments from me? They are an illustration and maybe a little humorous...as follows and yet they also have some "Thou shalt nots".
What should you remember "To Do" which will help with the "Not To Dos"? Keep in mind, if you are on a date or introducing yourself SMILE, make the other person like you. Who can not help smiling back at a smiling baby? The other person is likely to SMILE back if you SMILE. Same with your home, make your home SMILE!
Make your home SMILE by NOT doing these BAD things. If you are tempted to do any of these have someone in your family coached to say to you: NO NO! BAD BAD! Don't Do it!
Home Selling 10 Commandments: Thou Shalt Nots or No Nos... In listing pictures and also when preparing for Buyers see your home
Thou Shalt Not:
1. Do NOT Leave Toilet Seatus Up. Close all toilet seats. Repeat after me.....CLOSE ALL TOILET SEATS!
2. Do NOT leave a dirty house. When you leave the house wash dishes, pick up clothes, dust and vaccum.
3. Do NOT lock rooms where all of the junk is stored (if you have junk to hide better to put in garage with a blanket over it)
4. Do NOT forget to mow lawn and cut weeds down. Come on folks make the place look somewhat inviting
5. Do NOT forget to remove all personal items off bathroom counters. No razors, medicines, deodorant, used bars of soap, tweezers, contact lens cases etc. Same can be said for kitchen counters
6. Do NOT forget to remove or hide all pet toys and food dishes and bags of pet food. If at all possible take pet with you for a showing rather than leave in a cage, locked room or roaming the backyard making buyers hesitant to go outside
7. Do Not avoid replacing old rusty scratched front door knobs or handles. Yikes this is not expensive. Put your best foot forward with a shiny new door knob door handle and lock that opens like butter! The new ones look great.
8. Do NOT be lazy and remove non working vehicles from front of home and in driveway. Helps to show your home off the best possible way.
9. Do NOT be cheap and avoid cleaning or replace carpets that have huge stains (pet or other stains)
10. Do NOT forget to take out extra furniture. Do you have furniture covering every available space or wall in your home? Remove as much as you can to a storage area or garage. Makes the home look much larger and allows buyers to imagine their furniture in your home. Do not leave excess and/or broken or old worn out garden furniture on front porch or in the yard.
Well there you have it. There are many more home Thous Shalt Nots and No Nos but his will give you an idea from my personal list. Make your home SMILE and the Buyers will SMILE with you.
Follow the 10 Commandments and make your home SMILE and Buyers will SMILE back
Sell or Buy a home in Scottsdale or Arizona
Press FREE MLS Search to search for homes for sale in Arizona