When did the idea of letting your inner dysfunction become normal and supportive thus becoming acceptable take place in Congress? If there is error in a person it has to surface so that it can be gotten rid of and not repeated. Think: I once was lost but now I am found. That is the way to becoming a better more productive person.
IF CONGRESS IS THE EXAMPLE....
Here we will present a list of products, situations and services that follow the dysfunction of Congress and see if you think they have a future? I don't even like the concept let alone the circumstances but lets discuss it further exposing it to reality, function and normality as it should be.
WHAT DOESN'T WORK!
1. Fast Food: You go into order and everyone is smiling, appearing to be available and you step up to order. The person taking your order starts to accuse you of not waiting your turn, not speaking loud enough & not standing straight. You return fire & start arguing stating to just take my order or I am leaving. You leave!
2. Retail Shopping: You enter a place of business and the staff is speaking in whispers behind and in front of you and you become uneasy. They want to know what you want and if you are intending to purchase or just look around. You counter with stop being so pushy and they accuse you of making trouble. NO Sale!
3. Person to Person: You meet someone and it starts out casual and inviting. Then a choice comes up where we mutually want to be satisfied and this other person starts to dominate, dictate & ignore you and your wants! Rudeness is summoned and feelings of anguish & resentment come forth. Parting of the ways!
4. Consultations: Someone offers you friendly advice on something you are interested in. At first it is relevant & has your attention. You lean toward wanting to know more & things you are not interested in are presented forcefully & when you object, you are made to feel like you wasted their time. Out of there fast!
5. Classroom Teaching: You enroll in a class of your liking/need & participate in a normal fashion. You raise your hand to ask a question & you are scolded for interrupting, being rude and disruptive until the point of embarrassment. When you react it gets worse. Flabbergasted you head toward the exit
6. Fine Dining: You booked reservations for a premium five star establishment and look forward to it. You arrive and are, kept waiting, finally seated and then ignored. When you complain you are told that they are busy and to please wait making you feel you are part of the problem. Your appetite flees followed by you!
7. Agreement Made: you contract with someone and then settle in as you expect the next predictable phase to present itself and it is not quite what was agreed to but almost. You inquire and by doing so stall your own results being perplexed at the same time. An argument ensues and walking-away becomes a viable option. Your regret coupled with wanting retribution is now triggered and so is the other guys. Fight is on!
WHAT DOES WORK!
In our #1 above example, whatever comes up to interfere with the customer service is corrected so that what was promised & represented takes place & not any tangent or substitute. Business is done both are satisfied
In our #2 example, staff is standing by to help and after greeting you lets you know to approach them with any questions so they may be of assistance. They thank you and give you space. You shop with pleasure
In our #3, when a perceived or unintended slight takes place, both parties are quick to dispel it, apologize and summon grace, courtesy & manners each wanting to make the other feel welcomed & safe. It goes on!
In our #4, the consultant asks you questions to better understand your needs & desired outcome making you feel like you can get something done & accomplished. You go toward this offer & it becomes desirable
In our #5, the teacher thanks you for your participation and either addresses your need or explains the procedures to do so. Everyone is informed and relaxed because of it. The teaching is welcomed & goes on
In our #6, the promise of fine dining goes to work and when tested does not fail at all times making the guest comfortable, correct and special. Expectations are exceeded and a fine evening of dining is upon you!
In our #7, both parties take responsibility to resolve immediately that which has gone astray intended or not & in doing so compliment & solidify the original agreement. This contract will close & parties will prosper
WHAT EXAMPLE DO WE WANT TO TEACH?
It is easy to see that the different responses and reactions can easily take us in other directions and cause much dissension and additional work for something that wasn't required. While we may not know what to do we certainly should be aware of WHAT NOT TO DO and go from there!
If we saw children doing any of the incorrect or not profitable conduct as described, we would correct, teach, coach and instruct them accordingly. Then they could practice becoming better and productive. If we see adults doing these things, we have to stop and consider if they should be in the position described