Lock Watch for the Week of 1/28/2019
The shutdown is over and that's great news. Remarkably the market shrugged it off on Friday though we may bear the brunt of that this week, with both a full slate of important reports, GDP, an FOMC statement and auctions as well.
Economicalendar (all times are Pacific):
Mon, 1/28: Dallas Fed Mfg Survey (7:30am), 2-Yr Note Auction (8:30am), 5-Yr Note Auction (10am).
Tues, 1/29: International Trade in Goods (5:30am), Consumer Confidence (7am), 7-Yr Note Auction (10am).
Weds, 1/30: ADP Employment (5:15am), GDP (5:30am), FOMC Meeting Announcement (11am).
Thurs, 1/31: Jobless Claims, Personal Income and Outlays (5:30am), Chicago PMI (6:45am), Fed Balance Sheet (1:30pm).
Fri, 2/1: Employment Situation (5:30am), PMI Mfg Index (6:45am), ISM Mfg Index (7am), Consumer Sentiment (7am).
10-Year Treasury History
2.74% Market Open
2.69% One Week Ago
2.72% One Month Ago
2.70% One Year Ago
Famous Last Meals of the Infamous
I first remember reading about the last meal tradition in high school and even then I found it a mix of intrigue, absurdity and moral conflict. I realize the topic of capital punishment is loaded, but so too are most of these orders of caloric extravagance:
- Timothy McVeigh, Oklahoma City bomber: Two pints of Ben and Jerry's mint chocolate chip ice cream.
- John Wayne Gacy, serial killer: Bucket of KFC chicken, french fries, fried shrimp and a pound of strawberries.
- Velma Barfield, the "Death Row Granny": Bag of Cheez Doodles and a can of Coke.
- Marion Albert Pruett, serial killer: Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza, four Burger King Whoppers with fries, a whole pecan pie and three, 2-liter bottles of Pepsi.
- "Tiny" Davis, multiple homicides and robbery: Lobster tail, french fries, fried shrimp and clams, a half loaf of garlic bread, 32oz. of A&W root beer.
- Ronnie Lee Gardner, murderer: Steak, lobster tail, apple pie, vanilla ice cream and 7-Up.
- Stephen Wayne Anderson, murderer: Two grilled cheese sandwiches, hominy and corn, a pint of cottage cheese, peach pie, a pint of vanilla ice cream and radishes.
Hold the Pepto,
Robert J. Spinosa
Vice President of Mortgage Lending
Marin Office: 324 Sir Francis Drake Blvd., San Anselmo, CA 94960
Berkeley Office: 1400 Shattuck Ave., Suite 1, Berkeley, CA 94709
*The views and opinions expressed on this site about work-related matters are my own, have not been reviewed or approved by Guaranteed Rate and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Guaranteed Rate. In no way do I commit Guaranteed Rate to any position on any matter or issue without the express prior written consent of Guaranteed Rate's Human Resources Department.
Guaranteed Rate. Illinois Residential Mortgage Licensee NMLS License #2611 3940 N. Ravenswood Chicago, IL 60613 - (866) 934-7283