If you're thinking of making some videos (or improving the ones you currently have), here are some great tips:
YouTube Thursdays - Making Videos Worth Watching
Let's face it, entertainment is quite subjective. We all have different tastes. That's why it is so important to really understand your target demographic(s) and what type of video will appeal to them. Videos for our "Rural homes and estates" demographic will be very different than a video library targeted at First-time home buyers.
First of all, we'll assume you know how important it is to have:
1. A storyboard - what's the point of the video?
2. Good lighting - dark, grainy video is hard to watch - and it's not flattering.
3. Quality audio - clear and clean sound is imperative.
4. Steady camera - tripod or another means to stabilize the camera.
5. A variety of shots - nobody wants to stare at the same scene for very long.
Once you're confident in knowing what's important to your target client, come up with a list of possible videos that cater to their wants and needs. Keep in mind:
1. Your video should tell a story or have a purpose.
2. Hook the viewer right away, visually or with the promise of entertainment or value.
3. Video is visual - don't just talk to the camera, show them what you're talking about - talking heads are pretty boring to look at for long.
4 If you're sharing information, try to figure out a way to make it more palatable. Entertainment and/or humor, visually appealing animated charts and graphs.
If you're truly committed to producing videos, one of the important things to come to terms with is identifying your strengths, and weaknesses. If you don't project well on camera, you should find another creative way to interject yourself into the video.
Next week, we'll talk about that more. Also, authenticity - this is a big one. Understanding your own personality, and how other people see you, will help determine the best way to structure your videos.
Much like Anita Clark 's Facebook Fridays, we encourage you to subscribe to other Rainers YouTube Channels - and take a minute to "like" or leave a comment. You can also add your own YouTube Channel in the comments below, and ask for subscribers. Be sure to subscribe back though - it's quid pro quo!
ViewHomes™ grew out of our passion for nature, beautiful surroundings, and peaceful environments. Starting together in an urban environment, over the years we've gravitated towards areas with smaller populations and less density. We now enjoy our lifestyle in a rural environment, but with close proximity to metropolitan areas where we appreciate all the amenities of fine restaurants, shopping, and an easy drive to an international airport.
Living in ViewHomes™ is like having “elbowroom for the soul”.