Can you believe 2019 is already 10% complete? So how did Lebanon Ohio's real estate market perform to start 2019? For the most part, as expected for this time of year: low sales quantity and a bit longer time to sell. We'd expect these trends to shift as the weather warms. Read below to get the full details!
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Lebanon Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Lebanon Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system. If any Lebanon single family homes homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report. All data is for the Lebanon School District area, so is not limited solely to Lebanon city limits.
Some reasons why Lebanon Ohio is a great place to live:
- Named one of Ohio magazine's Top 5 Hometowns for 2012
- HUGE YMCA
- Ready access to Cincinnati and Dayton
- A cool historic downtown area
- Host to an abundance of festivals throughout the year
- The cost of living in Lebanon is more affordable than some other Warren County communities
- A full range of housing price points, from below 100k to some estate homes under a million dollars.
- There is still new construction available, but you can pick any age from historic to brand new.
Countryside, a pool community of Lebanon Ohio
So on to the review, first up, completed sales!
Next is the Lebanon median price summary chart.
Lebanon 45036 Single Family Home Category Data Summary
Homes Sold: 20 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 2 New Construction) DOWN 18
Average Price: $262,133 UP $28.5k
Median Price: $227,000 UP $3k
Days on Market Average: 58 UP 22 (Median 30 days)
Homes Active 2/6/19 88 UP 18
Homes Pending 2/6/19: 36 UP 2
Sales/List %: 98.3% DOWN 0.3%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $511,657
Least Expensive Home Sold: $129,290
So what are the key takeaways from this month's numbers?
- Many key numbers were almost the same month to month: median price, median time to sell and homes under contract.
- Some of the biggest changes(average price and average time to sell) just reversed what had happened the prior month.
- Sales volume was low, but low is expected this time of year.
7 homes sold for more than $300,000 and of those 7, 3 were over $400,000.
- New construction sales accounted for 2 of the 20 sales and 24 of the 88 for sale.
- Distressed properties were minimal in January. Only one is for sale and not under contract and only one foreclosure completed sale.
So what does this mean to you as a Lebanon single family home owner?
No reason to change our seller advice. This is the slower time of year. If a buyer MUST buy, the relatively low inventory works to your advantage. That doesn't mean a home that is in poor condition or not priced right will still sell.
Give us a call and we can meet and determine what is best for your personal circumstances.
You're not going up against significant new construction in MOST communities, but places like Shaker Run and Trails of Shaker Run new construction do challenge your ability to sell.
And if you're not quite ready to enter the market, it's the PERFECT time to meet with us and get your To Do list ready to have your home optimally ready for when you ARE ready to sell your home!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Lebanon home buyer?
No reason to change here either as the overall market environment is much the same. Watch for new homes for sale that fit your needs, but you STILL need to ACT quickly despite the longer time on market for most sellers.
The selection of foreclosed/short sale homes is minimal to nonexistent, so don't count on finding one to buy, much less one in good condition.
When you're considering buying a Lebanon home, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com with your needs and we'll help you find the right community for you! You can use the links below to review Cincinnati MLS homes listed in Lebanon for each of three price bands.
Search Lebanon Ohio 45036 Homes For Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Lebanon's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: