Do you want to know how to keep scorpions away? These creatures look deadly and can cause life-threatening stings. If you find their presence in your home, then the first thing that should come to your mind is to hire professionals to ensure complete removal. It is more important if you have young kids and pets. Otherwise, scorpions can cause harmful stings and you will need immediate medical attention for the recovery. However, you can protect your home from scorpions with some preventive measures. Here are some easy tips to help you to create a safe environment for your family and pets and to know how to keep scorpions away.
How to Protect Your Home from Scorpions - Prevent a Scorpion Invasion
- Take the utmost care to ensure the cleanliness of your home.
- Keep all unused things especially leaves, wood piles, and debris away from your home.
- If there is any hole in the foundation and any other areas of your home, get an immediate solution. Fill all those holes and cracks. Otherwise, scorpions might use them to enter your home.
- Caulk around all the entrance areas such as your doors and windows.
- Now you need to protect your home. Use treatment granules in a 2-5 foot band for all sides of the home to prevent any possibility of the entrance.
- Get an outside spray and use it to spray two feet up your outside home wall along leaves, patio, garage door frames, and window frames, and door frames. This will also help in keeping other bugs away outside as well.
- Use an inside spray to spray all the baseboards in your rooms, closets, window, and door frames.
Remove the Clutters
All the above things will protect your home from the invasion of scorpions. However, you will have to take extra caution to prevent event slightest possibility of scorpions from ente get rid of them.
ring your home. The next step is to declutter your home. You can consider the following for decluttering.
Remove all the clutter from the inside of your home to prevent the possibility of any pest infestation. You should always remember that scorpions often feed on the crickets, spiders, and centipedes. Without the food source, they will not be able to survive.
Keep all the food items including your pet food in an airtight container. Make sure that your trash is closed and locked and kept outside of your home. With all these arrangements, you can prevent pests from entering your home. Even the scorpions will not enter when there will be no sign of other pests. However, you should always use advanced and safe granules and sprays to prevent scorpions. Consider buying from a reputed brand to ensure maximum benefits.
Now you know how to keep scorpions away from your home. The above tips will thoroughly protect your home from scorpions. Prevention is always better than having to constantly get rid of them.