Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839 acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii. The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront homes to condos with sweeping ocean views.
The Mauna Kea Resort also offers its residents access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Terrace, Clambake and the Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar.
At the time of this writing (Feb 1st), there were 12 single-family homes and 10 condos for sale in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 1 home and 2 condos in escrow. The highest priced of these homes is listed at $9,995,000 and is located at 62-3692 Kiekiena Place in The Bluffs at Mauna Kea, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $4,290,000 and can be found at the Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #6B. At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is 62-3685 Leihulu Pl in Mauna Kea Fairways South and is listed at $1,650,000. While the lowest priced condo currently for sale is listed at $879,000 and is in Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea, Unit #J1.
The volume of homes in Mauna Kea Resort decreased dramatically in the 4th Quarter, with just 1 condo home, and no single-family homes being sold during this time from October 2018 through December 2018. With no single-family homes selling, there are only condo statistics to report. And with just one condo selling in the 4th quarter, he highest priced condo sold, and lowest priced condo sold are the same unit. This condo sold for $1,875,000, from a list price of $1,885,000 and is Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #316.
Analysis: After a busy first half of 2018, single-family home and condo sales in Mauna Kea Resort in the second half dropped dramatically. Although inventory did not increase in this same period, the drop in sales volume has moved both the condo and single-family home markets in Mauna Kea back into a Buyers’ Market.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Mahalo
Highlights of the 2018 Q4 Mauna Kea Resort Update
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 12
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow - 1
- Number of condos currently for sale – 10
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 3
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $9,995,000 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl in The Bluffs of Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $4,290,000 Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #6B
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,650,000 62-3685 Leihulu Pl, Mauna Kea Fairways South
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $879,000 Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea #J1
- Number of homes sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – None
- Number of condos sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 1
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – None
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $1,875,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #316
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 – None
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $1,875,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #316
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Real Estate Market Year in Review 2018.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates