When you start your home search, there are always a few features that others may say that you need. But thinking again, you may save yourself a pretty penny. Here are 5 feature to reconsider, especially if you are on a limited budget:
1. CLOSE ACCESS to MASS TRANSIT-Regular commuters and people who don't own cars might be vying for homes near public transit systems. But if you don't need them then you can save a lot by living out farther away from these hubs.
2. A BIG YARD-All the open space looks great and tempting at first. However, will you really even use this space? Do you have pets or children that will use the yard? Do you entertain outdoors? If not, the maintenance and landscaping may not be worth it.
3. A Top School District- Some parents will pay top dollar to send their kids to specific schools, and to live in the best school districts. If you don't have kids then why pay?
4. AMENITIES YOU WON'T USE- Whether its a built in wet bar or a double oven in the kitchen, the cost of these items ar reflected in the home's final price. Will you use these "extra's?"
5. MORE SPACE THAN YOU NEED- While large living spaces and extra rooms are nice to have, will you really use them? Be honest with yourself, and save motny on the price of a hom, as well as heating, cooling and cleaning costs, by buying a smaller home
-The Residential Specialist
Feel free to contact us for any questions regarding purchasing a home ANYWHERE in the U.S.