As both a South Austin real estate broker associate and a resident of The Ridge at Lantana, the new Lantana Place shopping center is a frequent topic of conversation. The new project from Stratus includes a movie theater, a hotel, and a range of shops and services. While both Community Impact and the Austin American-Statesman have done pieces on the development, the information is a bit fragmented elsewhere! Whether you live in the neighborhood or are considering a move, here's the latest on the confirmed tenants.
Restaurants and food:
- Carve American Grill - Carve is a new concept from the creators of Perry's Steakhouse. In a recent press release, they described the concept: "CARVE will feature an innovative menu of ingredient-focused dishes using live fire, smoke, and wood grilling techniques that enhance the ambience and flavors. Even a signature dessert and cocktail will deliver a delicious and memorable smoky experience. The 8,800 square foot space will include a main dining room, three private dining rooms and a spacious bar with outdoor patio seating and Hill Country views. Developed in partnership with renowned restaurant architect Aria Group Architects, Inc., Carve will feature contemporary design elements and architectural centerpieces including four fireplaces on the patios, climate controlled private rooms and wooden accents to encapsulate the fire and wood grill theme. In addition, the Butcher room will pay homage to the company’s heritage and butcher shop beginnings by allowing guests to take home their favorite cuts for preparation." The restaurant should open during the summer of 2019.
- Marigold Market - This high-end convenience store will offer staples like milk, eggs, and bread along with a take-out deli and a selection of beer and wine.
- The high-end "dine and view" Moviehouse & Eatery opened in May 2018. The theater offers recliner-style seats, a full bar, table service in the theater for food and drink, and occasional retro movie showings. Check here for current showtimes.
- Marriott is building an AC by Marriott hotel, which is tentatively scheduled to start construction in Spring 2019 and to open sometime in 2020.
- Westlake Dermatology: The popular local chain known as "a leading provider of dermatology & cosmetic surgery in Austin" will open a new location in the center.
- Lone Star Eye: The optomotrists currently based in Barton Creek will move to Lantana place in Spring/Summer 2019.
- Enamel Dental: This South Austin provider of "preventative, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry" will open a new location at Lantana Place.
- Bella Spa: A full service spa with a nail salon. (Source: Community Impact, 12/2018)
- Realty Austin: Our 450-agent strong residential real estate brokerage will relocate from Arbor Trails to Lantana Place during the summer of 2019. We look forward to helping you on your next home purchase, sale, or lease.
- Scissors and Scotch: This chain of upscale barbers offer men's hair and beard services with a complimentary cocktail.
- Cobalt Blue Salon: A Redkin Elite salon, Cobalt Blue's website promises "high quality hair styling, hair coloring, waxing, and make-up services" in their new Lantana Place location.
Additional restaurant, retail, and fitness tenants are expected in the complex - look for further announcements soon.
If you're considering a move to The Ridge At Lantana, Escondera, Travis Country West, Vista Hills, or Cayena, I'm happy to answer your questions about the neighborhood. Please call us on 512.636.0672 or visit our site to schedule a call or a coffee!
Video via AC by Marriott hotels. Images via Stratus and Moviehouse and Eatery official websites.