Working from home has never been easier. Jobs that are based from home are becoming increasingly popular. They offer great opportunities for people that are having a difficult time finding local work or cannot work outside of the home for health reasons. We know people that need to stay at home with their kids and have started a business from their home to help make ends meet.
Last year, a staggering 43% of workers in the U.S work remotely in some capacity. Usually this is an online side hustle to help increase their income. Working from home is not difficult or expensive to start! All you really need is a computer and the ability to type, read and interact with other people in a positive manner.
Here are our top five ways that you can make money from home!
1. Start a blog. Creating a blog is extremely easy, you certainly don't need any technical programming skills. Websites like WordPress make the whole process very easy for the average person to start blogging. To get started, you will need to choose a topic to write about that you are passionate about. You can make money by putting paid adverts on your blog or selling products for companies that give you a commission for the sales that you make.
Blogging can be extremely lucrative, we know people that are making $100,000 per month! Starting a blog is definitely not a 'get-rich-quick' scheme though, it takes a lot of work to build a profitable blog. Many people give up, but those that succeed will eventually have a passive income source that will help pay the bills 24/7. You can check out one successful blog called UnconventionalProsperity.com that teaches people to make money blogging and how to work from home.
2. Become a Virtual Assistant. If you are intimidated about starting your own blog, then becoming a virtual assistant (VA) might be a good stepping stone! A VA is a person that helps out bloggers by managing emails, affiliate accounts, social media, sending invoices or doing the bookkeeping for them. It is a great way to learn how blogging works while getting paid to do it! Typically, it pays about - per hour depending on the tasks involved.
3. Testing Websites for usability. Ensuring that a website is user-friendly is extremely important for a company. Internet users are used to being able to navigate a website quickly, easily and accurately. If the usability of a website is poor, many of these users will just leave the site. This is really bad for business!
Usability testing is important to ensure that a website is easy to navigate. Companies will pay people to test out a website to make sure that everything is easy to find. In my experience, companies will have you record your screen while attempting to complete a set of tasks. The tasks usually involve finding important details, like where the company is located and the opening hours. Normally, a user tester will give a clear narration of their thought processes while completing the test.
The recordings are sent to the client for review. This information is very valuable to the company and they usually pay quite well. Typically, you can expect to be paid about + per hour for this work at home job. You can find work testing websites at UserTesting.com.
4. Freelance Proofreading. You can proofread blog posts and other documents online. It helps if you have an eye for punctuation and grammatical errors! Freelance proofreaders can make a few thousand dollars per month – not bad if you enjoy reading, writing and correcting peoples mistakes! You can check out my favorite general proofreading course for more ideas!
5. Teaching English. You can work from home and get paid to teach English. Websites like VIPKID connect you with foreign students that want to learn English. It pays about per hour but the work is rewarding, flexible and relatively easy to complete.
If you want to learn more, check out these other high paying home based jobs for more information and resources for starting your own home based business.