Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day, but the demands of your life are completely unique. It can be frustrating to try to get everything done!
This is especially true for Realtors®, because you have to work odd hours to accommodate showings and open houses, along with being in the office during the day in case you get calls. It can feel like a 16-hour-a-day job!
Fortunately, there are ways to improve your productivity as a real estate agent. Here are some tips to use this year.
Take Advantage of the Right Tools
Some productivity tools are incredible, and others simply won’t work for you. Experiment, and when you find what works, stick with it!
One thing that works for almost every agent is email automation. A tool like Infusionsoft can help you respond quickly to your list without having to take the time to type out every single email. When you set up campaigns that run automatically, you can nurture leads without lifting a finger!
Other tools you might enjoy include:
- Trello, a free and easy-to-use system where you create tasks and drag them to different lists as you move them through a process
- Zapier, which allows you to connect hundreds of apps so that you can easily move data from one tool to another without spending hours doing it manually
- Canva, a graphics maker that saves you hours on creating high-quality graphics with easy-to-use templates
Focus Your Efforts on What Works
We talk often about the importance of creating a marketing mix for your business. We suggest mixing social media with email marketing, your business website, and print marketing.
One of the best ways to boost your marketing productivity is to focus on what works. Over time, you’ll be able to test a variety of strategies and make tweaks.
Here are some tried-and-true tips to start with.
- Farming. Establish yourself in a specific neighborhood with postcard marketing, popbys, and participation in local events.
- Social media. Start with just one platform, and add more as you get comfortable. We recommend starting with Facebook due to your ability to target with ads and create groups centered on your farm area.
- Email. Build an email list and send a newsletter with helpful tips for homeowners, buyers, and sellers. Promote your latest listings as well!
- Your website. Target neighborhood-based keywords and build a community page to share useful information and boost engagement.
To make these even more effective, tie them together. Use postcards to promote your social media accounts. On social media, encourage people to visit your website. On your site, offer a downloadable freebie to build your email list. Through email, share useful information and encourage buyers and sellers to contact you.
Know Your Best Hours
Not everyone is at their best between 9am – 5pm. I have a friend who doesn’t really get “in the zone” until after 12pm, and is often working until midnight.
As much as you can, focus your highest-value activities into your best hours. Whether you’re a morning or evening person, put your best energy into outreach, popbys, and business building. Save your lower energy time for paperwork, email, and lower-quality tasks.
Being in real estate is not easy, especially when you have a family and a life to live! However, by using the right tools, focusing on high-quality tasks, and using your best hours wisely, you can accomplish more.
Speaking of accomplishing more, what about getting your postcard mailing off your plate? Whether you want to use regular farming postcards or EDDM®, contact PrinterBees today to find out how we can make sure your mailings get out on time, every time.
This post originally shared on PrinterBees' Real Estate Marketing Magazine.