BUYING A HOUSE DURING MARCH MADNESS
When it starts getting warmer, you sense March Madness coming your way soon. This means that homebuyers are finally getting their energy and enthusiasm back in buying homes. At this time, the interest rates are still low. March Madness is ready to reactivate the housing market.
Below are some pointers in getting started with your property buying during March Madness:
- Keep a positive state of mind. It is truly stressful when you set out to buy a home. To make things lighter, just prepare things ahead of time. Planning ahead helps make your transaction go smoother. Always keep a positive attitude about your home buying endeavors. It is natural to have many competitors for the house you want. If you don’t get it, keep in mind that your dream house might be just around the corner.
- Choose your location. Start researching the places to which you would possibly like to move. Consider its proximity to safety, work, public transportation, and schools. In addition, find out if the homes in those areas retain their value or if they fluctuate.
- Create your team. A group of experienced realty professionals will help you achieve your goals with flying colors. If this is your first time to purchase a home, then the right, knowledgeable people will help remove more barriers faster. It is best to search for realtors who have great track records. Also, find a qualified and approved mortgage lender. If you prepare your finances and fulfill all the paperwork ahead of time, you will have a greater chance at getting approved.
- Hire home inspector. The realtor may recommend someone to inspect the home that you have been eyeing, but it is always best to hire one on your own. This way, you are certain that the professional is on your side. A realtor’s inspector may avoid the real issues of the house so that you could just buy it without having costs deducted from the total price. Any damage that your inspector sees can be deducted from the total cost of the house. Be sure to get a septic inspector as well, to determine any problems with the septic system of your home prospect.
- Prepare your finances. Good financing is am important key to a successful real estate purchase. Evaluate your finances before considering buying homes. See what you can borrow and how much you can truly afford. Then, you could look for the right mortgage.
March Madness is not only about basketball. It is also a season for finding the right new home in such beautiful weather. Prepare well and you will eventually get the right house for your budget in the location you desire. March Madness is truly a home buying season that could change your life.
Cliff Johnson, (678)495-6050, www.stonemountaingeorgiahomes.com