Do you live in an area where there are lots of scorpions? Scorpions not only look extremely hideous and menacing, but they are also quite dangerous and venomous in nature. These creatures have the potential to kill someone with their life-threatening stings. What’s worse is that these scorpions can enter into your house in several ways. Hence, it is important for you to know how to keep scorpions out of your house to prevent them from stinging you or your family.
Precautions to be Taken
The change in seasons is coming up and it is one of the vital times when you have to take precautionary measure to make your home completely scorpion-proof. You have to take some drastic steps to keep your home completely safe from scorpions. Here are some of the steps that you have to follow:
- Clear up the leaves, debris and wood piles from all sides of your house.
- Make sure to fill in all the holes located in your foundation and even the cracks on the walls as these can be the places from where the scorpions may enter into your house.
- Caulk the areas around your doors and windows completely.
- Apply the treatment grains around all sides of the house in a 2 to 5 feet band.
- Apply anti-scorpion spray up to 2 feet up from the home walls as well as around your window and door frames. Do not leave the garage, patio and sidewalks as well. Spray it along the baseboards too in each and every room, door, windows and closets.
- Make use of natural scorpion repellents such as lavender oils and plants in and around your home.
Make sure to take these steps for preventing the scorpions from entering into your house. If you have pets or kids at home, then this creature possesses life-threatening danger for both of them.
How to Keep Scorpions Out of Your House - Key Precautions
Removing Clutter from Home
Scorpions mainly feed on spiders, crickets and centipedes. Pests get attracted toward food morsels and particles in your home. Thus, you must make sure to keep all sorts of food in airtight containers in your home. Even keep the trash closed properly with locks outside the home. By doing this, you will be eliminating any invitation for the pests to enter your home.
Seek Professional Help
Since scorpions can be quite dangerous and harmful for humans and animals, it is important to curb out scorpions completely from your house. If you are not able to take action or do a successful job in preventing scorpions from entering your home, then seeking professional help is important.
Make sure to choose a reliable and experienced professional service that can help you get rid of scorpions successfully by using different sprays and granules. Although, before hiring any pest control service, make sure to do complete research about the company. You should do your research online by reading reviews and looking at client testimonials of the business.
Scorpions do not only look intimidating, but they are also quite venomous and dangerous since they have the potential to kill a human with just one sting. That’s why it’s important to know how to keep scorpions out of your house so that you can keep your family and yourself safe. Simply clear up any debris around the home, caulk cracks and open areas around your home, and remove any clutter in your home, among many others.