Here we are, March 1st tomorrow. The year is flying by and we are already coming to the end of the first quarter of the year.
Back in 2010, I wrote a similar post and I feel the message is as relevant today as it was 9 years ago Yes, I have been blogging for that long I’m proud to say.
In the Real Estate business, it is very easy to get "side-tracked" and "off-course", and you may have heard this expression before, but it is really important..."Put yourself in front of someone who can actually write you a paycheck today"...
There are so many distractions in real estate, that can get us off course. There are many activities that we do that actually do not generate income.
Here it is March and many agents are wondering where the first part of the year went? If you are not spending the majority of your time on actual "money making" activities, then you will be falling short of your goals.
When you are prioritizing your day, think about the following:
Make sure that you are putting yourself in front of someone who can write you a paycheck today. Not a year from now, or 5 years from now. Don't get me wrong, I feel it is very important to cultivate relationships for the future, but the reality is that bills need to be paid today...
- Don't get caught up in the mundane tasks that are not going to make you $$ like social media!
- Spend the majority of your time with "A" clients (Ready, Willing, Able to Deal Today)
- Pre-qualify your clients. If a seller doesn't really "have to sell" are you prepared to invest your time and money in an overpriced listing or unrealistic seller?
- Pre-qualify your buyers. If they are not ready to buy, are not pre-approved, and are not really serious buyers, you might be better off spending your own precious time working with a buyer that is ready to act "today".
- Only work with motivated buyers and sellers. If you are wasting time on the unmotivated or unqualified, your time would be much better spent elsewhere.
- Call your sphere. Make the time to call and reconnect.
- Stay away from negative, unproductive people. Associate only with those people that are excited about their business. Successful people attract business and attract other successful people.
- Plan your day, and stick to your plan!
- Time Management is so important in our business.
- Prioritize your actual "Money-Making" activities
- Know what your "strategy" is and stick to it.
Last but not least. Have fun and enjoy what you are doing. Life is too short to be in a job that doesn't bring you happiness. Good Luck and Much Success to you!