The kitchen is the most important part of a home!
Once the hard part of finding a beautiful home with a great kitchen is done, the next step is equipping your kitchen with the essentials (from a Spanish and/or Latin American perspective of course). Quick post of a few essential items I recommend.
Choose Quality Cookware - Advantages
- Price: It is cheaper to buy a good high quality item than 5 shoddy ones.
- Ecology/Environment: Purchases once and you may end up using it for many years, reducing your overall footprint.
- Cooking to taste: cooking is a pleasure forget about bad experiences that have their origin in bad kitchen utensils
- Warranty: Any problems you have with the utensil should be covered by the manufacturer's warranty
As a general rule, it's always best to buy high quality cookware for you to invest once and then enjoy for years.
- Although not as famous as the other utensils the cutting board is indispensable for the daily work of a kitchen: it makes it easier to cut pieces of meat, poultry or large vegetables and protects the edge of the knives.
- Helps heat up your water somoothly and evenly. There are even options for keeping the water warm over extended periods of time. A huge time saver and can be used to heat up baby bottles, coffee, tea, you name it..
- Having a good quality grater, which does not oxidize or lose power of cut, will allow you to prepare salads, grate vegetables, cheese, chocolate, etc. Our choice has been the brand Microplane, you have several models to choose the one you like.
- A must for pasta or boiled vegetables. Our choice is always for one of stainless steel since the duration is much greater than one plastic.