Hey Active Rain!
Let's have a little fun while learning something new: how millennials talk. We would not recommend using these examples, millennials also appreciate authenticity and can tell when you're straight up frontin.
So with that said..
Here are 10 Millennial Slang Terms and How to Use Them for Real Estate:
1. Tea: gossip
Example: Hey fam, let me spill the tea on why this listing so stale.
2. Basic: anything mainstream (negative connotation)
Example: Nah, I'm not into that modern decor. It's so basic.
3. Extra: overtly extravagent
Example: You see that FSBO's driveway with the gold bricks? SO EXTRA.
4. Ratchet: obnoxious, rude, or trashy
Example: The neighborhood reports show that this community is ratchet. NEXT!
5. Straight Up Fire: exceptional
Example: AYYYYYYY - you see my new business card design? Straight up FIRE. 🔥🔥🔥🔥
6. Ghost: when a friend or family member completely stops communicating
Example: Hey you hear from your agent man? Nah, I think they're ghosting me.
7. Goals: something you aspire to achieve
Example: Top producing team in the MLS. That's squad goals right there.
8. Thicc: when something has fat in all the right places
Example: This 4 car garage is THICC.
9. Flex: to brag
Example: Those Just Sold emails are another way to flex your success.
10. Thirsty: desperately seeking approval, usually in lustful way
Example: I keep getting thirsty agents sliding into my DMs about listing my home. I'm good.
Sooo...learned something new? Is there some slang we missed? Let us know in the comments below!