Prep Time:15 mins Total Time: 40 mins Yields: 2 servings
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ground black pepper to taste
- Place chicken in the instant pot and cook for 10 minutes on the manual setting. Release pressure naturally according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Set the pot to saute and add green bell peppers, yellow onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and black pepper. Cook until most liquid is evaporated, vegtables are soft, and chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 15 mins. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F.
Note: I would cut back the soy sauce to 1/4 cup if you want less salt.