I am not Irish, my last name is from my ex-husband and I kept it because...well I like it and it is the name of my kids.
Actually, I am English and German!
Also, I suffer from "St. Patrick's PTSD"! That is correct, 25 years post divorce and some memories and images I will not mention still come to mind. I have not celebrated St. Patrick's day for years and the sound of Irish melodies stir up memories I would rather forget.
That being said, I do not like corn beer and cabbage or potatoes, however, Bailey's Irish Cream and Irish Cofee are good.
Here are some facts I read today about St, Patrick's Day I thought I would share:
- St. Patrick's Day is the feast day of the patron saint of Ireland, "St. Patrick". St. Patrick was a Christian missionary that converted the pagan Irish to Christianity. It is said he drove the snakes from Ireland, however, biologist say that there were no snakes in Ireland!
- In Ireland St. Patrick's day is a national holiday and traditionally they go to church in the morning an pray for missionaries, Later in the day are the festivities of drinking, dancing and music.
- The traditional Irish meal is lamb and bacon for the holiday, in America it is corned beef and cabbage. (give me a Ruben sandwich any day)
- The shamrock was used to explain the holy trinity to the Irish pagans and the shamrock is also the national flower/emblem of Ireland. (I do like shamrocks)
- The color green is a nod to Ireland's nickname of "Emerald Isle"
- Wearing green on St. Patrick's Day is suppose to prevent you grom getting pinched by a leprechaun.
I read an interesting article shared on Facebook today from Huffington Post that now families and schools are celebrating St. Patrick's day by hiding gold coins and making Leprechaun traps. (I suppose the traditional drinking and parades are not enough)
My name is Christine O’Shea and I am a Naples FL Real Estate Broker!
I specialize in residential real estate in Naples FL, Marco Island FL, Bonita Springs FL, Bonita Beach FL and surrounding areas of South West FL, including residential re-sale properties and new construction. I also handle Naples area residential Short Sales for both buyers and Sellers
There are many Gated Golf Communities in Naples FL featuring both Bundled Golf and Equity Memberships.
Homes for sale in Naples FL also include waterfront and beach front, condominiums and single family homes.
Homes for sale on Marco Island FL, Include single homes backing to water with Gulf access along with condos and High Rise Condos!
Real Estate in Naples FL and Real Estate in Marco Island FL is a Great Investment. People from every state and country and all over the World, come to Purchase Property for Sale in Naples or Marco Island FL.
Looking for a Home In Naples? Looking for a home on Marco Island? I can help you find the perfect property in Naples FL or Marco Island FL.