While the local news was in the background of my cooking over the weekend I learned that the city which we have been home owners for 19 years is the 4th safest city to live in , in California. Even though I was busy preparing my St. Patricks's Day Dinner for friends I took note to check in on these stats to see how true they were.
Today I did some research to find that the channel 5 news was correct. Crime rates within the city of YL were far less even than are other North Orange County Cities! Here are the actual stats :
- Every city on the list had fewer than two violent crimes per 1,000 people, and 26% saw fewer than one.
- California’s violent crime rate is slightly higher (4.51) than the national rate of 4.49.
- At 26.08, the state beats the national property crime rate of 27.11.
- 92% of cities had lower property crime rates than both state and national averages.
- Despite lower property crime rates, Californians ranked property crime as their biggest safety concern on our State of Safety survey, with 64% ranking it number one—that’s five points above the national average.
- 21% of respondents cited personal experience with property crime in the past year, and 16% reported experiencing a violent crime.
These stats were taken from https://www.safewise.com/blog/safest-cities-california/
For More Information on Living in Yorba Linda and Buying a Home in Yorba Linda Contact Tina Maraj and Randy Tovar, 714-403-7901
Yorba Linda Home Owners Since 2000, REALTORS Since 1989! Let our 29 Years of Experience Work for You!
Look for our New RE/MAX Cornerstone Office Location coming soon accross from Fitness Grill! www.TinaMaraj.com